Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

If I play on green at all it will be with a new class I don't already have on blue. There's no way i'd put a lot of time and effort into a class I already have. The only way I would make the same class is to be a different race for roleplaying or fashion purposes, and both of those would be easier and faster to do on blue.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

I want green99 to have green names and when they roll over we can tell they were roll overs because they have green names, so legacy characters will still have some intrinsic value in them.

that's my worthless pitch that you can disagree with cus neither of us get to chose how this emu works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (wispers: but if ur listening roagen do it)
Old 05-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Banned

Green should just be a recycle server. Wipe it clean and start fresh again at the end of the timeline.

Leave blue alone.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

No green99 first, then purple99 with purple names Teams pvp second..

then, yellow, for discord, cus most people to yella to play on that server!

Then after all the rollovers to blue99, 9 years from now, it will have all these colorfulnames and it will continue to be the totally unclassic giant Plane of Knowledge, that it already is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and anyone with a blue darkelf shaman, can flex about being old school still.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only people doing a different starting character are the ones who chose wrong on the first go around.
That's the edgy hot take, and as with most such takes it's incorrect in many circumstances. P99's been out for going on ten years. Folks' needs and circumstances change. The character that was correct for me in 2009 isn't the same character that works best for me in 2019. I do not anticipate playing the same thing (Paladin) on "green" that I played originally when P99 first opened except maybe as a fluff alt.

Danth
Old 05-30-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

I'll probably play an enchanter because I would love to experience the class through the entirety of the timeline rather than finding my love for enchanting deep into velious.

Instead of a warrior, I'll make a paladin.
Instead of a necro, I'll make a mage.
And ofcourse I will never make a monk.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 05-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green should just be a recycle server. Wipe it clean and start fresh again at the end of the timeline.

Leave blue alone.
Green will still be wiped and restarted once everyone is moved over to blue correct?
Old 05-30-2019, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

We have absolutely no information about Green other than a single picture posted by Rogean that said "EverQuest Project 1999 A New Experience Begins October 2019". Everything else is us drooling over theories and wet dreams. We have literally zero official information other than this one picture.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have absolutely no information about Green other than a single picture posted by Rogean that said "EverQuest Project 1999 A New Experience Begins October 2019". Everything else is us drooling over theories and wet dreams. We have literally zero official information other than this one picture.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is also a pasted conversation from discord with a small hint but eh
Old 05-30-2019, 08:58 PM
Kobold

Been thinking about this. I mean the P99 dream for me is to have a cleric with a manastone, or the Ogre warrior with a guise so you can be unstunnable but not have to look like a 7ft tall pile of trash. The question becomes, how does one do that the most reliably/quickly.

Do you start the warrior off the jump, and suffer through the grind to try and get to Guk in time, and in the in-crowd so you can get a guise? Or do you roll a much easier character to level and buy that manastone, the Rubi, the Guise, all before they get nerfed?

You also have to figure in population issues, it's going to be way high to start. I mean, if you start in Gfay... just... fuck that. Nektulos might be ok, Qeynos might be the best, but god it's like starting off in the rural Russian steppe. It will be weeks before you get anywhere worth being.

Also, how popular is your class going to be? I mean how many Shaman can really sit LFG in Uguk? Will there be a single roaming mob alive in the Karanas? Or just cancerous bards with 100 mob trains? Chanters are fun to level, and in demand no matter how many are LFG, but have you ever raided as a chanter? Worst job ever.

I am just saying, there is a lot to consider.

As of now i am thinking Bard. I have never gotten one to high level, and it is clearly the fastest leveling character in Classic, with a great potential to earn money to buy stuff for alts. That said, Bards are cancer, and i dunno how much i want to contribute to the extermination of every animal species in EQ.
Last edited by Halfcell; 05-30-2019 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: added stuff
Closed Thread