Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at all you! Finally tasting some victory after largely being denied pixels for over 3 years! You’re starting to become the assholes that you largely rallied against. It doesn’t bother me at all, congrats on finally getting some loot! It’s only a matter of time before that hatred you’ve built up turns to one of your “allies” or inwards.

Please keep posting more about how shitty you think AM is now though, I’m loving the salty ass posts.

And yes, I am enjoying summer btw!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Get your pixels quick before most of us, including some of you all, leave for Classic WoW and Green99.

Why is an uncooked steak sitting in a pool of A-1 sauce? Looks like some decent cuts tho.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:00 PM
Kobold

The best part of our recent losses has been the script flip, with people who used to say 'AM players have no lives' and AM responding 'u mad u got no wins', to AM saying 'we have lives unlike you' and the former life-havers saying u mad u got no wins.

Everyone follows the same tired arguments, the only thing changing is who has lives.

For what it's worth, I was warned well ahead of time in AM that we have much lower summer attendance. I wasn't here for any previous summers so I don't know how much we did/didn't win, but it came up multiple times that we'd need new blood for the summer. I don't know if Riot intentionally formed and heavily recruited right before summer or not, but if it was a plan, it was a smart one.

I hope Riot continues to contest every mob, and obviously I hope we reach our old highs of attendance too. AM has had low periods in the past, and it's too early to call our death. One guild on top is not healthy for the server, and from what I hear, not healthy for the one guild either.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

fwiw I don't think there's many people that Riot is actively 'recruiting' as much as people flocking to raid with people who are fun to be around after their guilds stagnate. Aftermath was the only top guild choice for a long time and people stayed with their lower tier guild because they didn't want to play with or be associated with AM. Now that there is a new option people are taking advantage of it.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:17 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is an uncooked steak sitting in a pool of A-1 sauce? Looks like some decent cuts tho.
That's Worcestershire sauce you heathen...The only crime here is that he's not grilling bone-in Ribeyes.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you not have steak the last three summers? What is different about this one?
I went to the store yesterday. As soon as I decide which item is most likely to impress, I'll post a pic. I'm thinking the State Fair Corndogs. I got the expensive all beef ones -- $8.49 for a box of 12. #715amSteak #SummerFlex
Old 07-01-2019, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Where the fuck do you guys live that you can only grill for 3 months out of the year?
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-01-2019, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fwiw I don't think there's many people that Riot is actively 'recruiting' as much as people flocking to raid with people who are fun to be around after their guilds stagnate. Aftermath was the only top guild choice for a long time and people stayed with their lower tier guild because they didn't want to play with or be associated with AM. Now that there is a new option people are taking advantage of it.
I have heard applicants in the past say that they had heard a slew of negative things about AM, and were surprised to find none of it true after joining. Ranging from accusations that we cheat and use bannable third-party-programs, to massive toxicity from our officers, to us just generally being hyper-serious angry neckbeard types that will accept nothing less than 24/7 availability to raid. None of which are at all true from my experience in the guild.

These were all pre-riot so I'm not assigning blame there, there just seems to be a very negative view of the guild, at least in some other guilds, that does not mesh with the reality. I know some of it is based in things that were once true (apparently Detoxx used to be very angry, before my time).

On the flip-side of that, we've had applicants that we were warned were awful, just real dickheads who play scummy and treat people like shit. Some of that was described first-hand. They were given a chance anyway, and proved themselves to be helpful and kind and nothing like they were described.

Reading over this post, I'm not sure there's much point to it - just seems like there's a lot of misunderstandings about guilds and about individual players. I don't mind if people don't want to join AM - maybe they don't like that we only allow mains to bid on Vulak loot, maybe our app period is too long, maybe they don't want to be guilded with me (I'm an idiot). But if they think they shouldn't join AM because it's this miserable group of angry neckbeards, being bullied by cruel officers, that's a shame, because I've been very happy in AM, and that's as someone who is less pixel-obsessed than most raiders; so far my only dkp bid was ring 10 (worth it)
Old 07-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

It's kind of sad actually, some of these guys are literally BBQing in the summer for what seems like the first time in who knows how long. To think that they couldn't do something so simple while also enjoying some video game time is crazy.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DromalPhrenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best part of our recent losses has been the script flip, with people who used to say 'AM players have no lives' and AM responding 'u mad u got no wins', to AM saying 'we have lives unlike you' and the former life-havers saying u mad u got no wins.
Is that really what you take away from this?

There's no script flip. If AM doesn't gloat when it wins and make RIDICULOUS excuses when it loses there's no posts. We get a mob. You get the next one. NBD.

You're poor sports and you're getting your noses rubbed in the mess you've made.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where the fuck do you guys live that you can only grill for 3 months out of the year?
you have a poor latitude buddy
Closed Thread