Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Personally I liked luclin just fine. I was just trying to explain the party-line reasoning.

I'm aware on live there was a strong tradition of mid-tier guilds raiding a year or two or three behind top tier guilds. In the year 2000-2001 I was in a guild that locked 100% a server. Then in 2004 I was in a b-tier guild that raided pop casually.

From a design standpoint though I do not think rogean or nilbog want to enable AA's nor do they want to enable paludal caverns, nor a teleporter system that renders all the racial newbie zones irrelevant as everyone levels up in luclin from say 5-30 or 5-40 once luclin exists.

They also don't want someone to sit in EC and mass buff 100 characters in a single cast (only in this scenario ec has become the moon teleportation chamber).

They may or may not be in favor of beastlords. Who knows. Luclin was much more disruptive towards previous expansions than either kunark or velious were. After luclin some expansions meshed well like ldon and some rendered half the previous game irrelevent like omens. After another decade though the game stopped resembling anything we loved in anyway.

If the best run most popular most well supported eq1 fanserver ran luclin, i'd be fine with that, and i'd play on it. It doesn't though, so I play here.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

With only one P99 Blue, you have everyone craving a "classic EQ1 experience" on this server.

At least if there were more than one such server, the number of extreme poopsockers would be split up. Maybe raiding would be better then, too.
Closed Thread