Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sadly the information we are looking for is server sided similarly to the blur % chance. Here is the spdat.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Interesting to note that there was no -10 MR modifier at any point in the classic era as I checked spdat's going back to Kunark release. This spdat image is from 04-04-01.

Will try to gather more info but it's pretty bare.
This is an additional issue, but I'll put it here to consolidate information on this spell.

It always struck me that the mana cost of this spell was pretty insane. 275 mana for a 30 second mez is a LOT.

I went to check sources outside of P99 and several sources agree. The spell has a mana cost of 125. Comments on Alla, unfortunately only go back to 2003 on this spell so aren't helpful though they do show the -10MR. Then I found this:

------------------------------
June 6, 2000 8:00 am
* Augment, Glamour of Kintaz, Rapture, and Clarity II have had their
mana cost lowered.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/hist...es-2000-1.html

So I believe the initial cost when Kunark was released was 275, but it was lowered to 125 shortly after release. Unfortunately I'm not able to find an SPDAT parse for that time period to totally confirm this. Can anyone help with this? Either the spell originally had an even higher mana cost and it was reduced TWICE to get to the 2003 level, or it was changed shortly after release.
Last edited by Ezrick; 09-04-2018 at 07:04 PM..
Old 09-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

June 6, 2000 8:00 am
* Augment, Glamour of Kintaz, Rapture, and Clarity II have had their
mana cost lowered.
It was 350 mana at one point and it was patched on P99 in 2014 along with Rapture and C2. Patch Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However according to the the spdat there shouldn't be a -10 mr check so when this is fixed that should also be changed.
I was going to mention this in the OP but then I started looking up other non-Enchanter spells that the P99 wiki has listed as having -MR and I came across several examples that didn't have an -MR mod until post-Luclin according to Lucy so I came to the conclusion it's unlikely the P99 devs wouldn't know that and the wiki was wrong, as it often is. Impossible to tell if it has the MR modification or not on P99.

That leaves us with:
Main Problem: Wrong level cap - Should be 57 not 55
Secondary: Recast time should be 0.0 not 2.25
Possibly: MR modification should be 0 not -10
Old 09-04-2018, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was 350 mana at one point and it was patched on P99 in 2014 along with Rapture and C2. Patch Note

I was going to mention this in the OP but then I started looking up other non-Enchanter spells that the P99 wiki has listed as having -MR and I came across several examples that didn't have an -MR mod until post-Luclin according to Lucy so I came to the conclusion it's unlikely the P99 devs wouldn't know that and the wiki was wrong, as it often is. Impossible to tell if it has the MR modification or not on P99.

That leaves us with:
Main Problem: Wrong level cap - Should be 57 not 55
Secondary: Recast time should be 0.0 not 2.25
Possibly: MR modification should be 0 not -10
Why should recast time be 0? spdat says 2.25 so I'm confused on that.

Also from
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=155457
Quote:
Glamour of Kintaz (c) updated buffduration 4 => 5, ResistDiff 0 => -10
Although right above it says the below quote which is a weird way to write a change so maybe it did have -10 MR but was taken out
Quote:
Glamour of Kintaz (o) updated mana 275 => 350
Interesting although it doesn't matter for p1999 the tick duration was changed to 9 ticks and 125 mana cost shortly after Luclin release. Guessing the -mr was added then as well.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Why should recast time be 0? spdat says 2.25 so I'm confused on that.
Basing it on Lucy changes

2003-01-15 11:04 Changed Recast Time from 0.0 seconds to 2.2 seconds

Casters Realm also had it listed as 0.0 recast time in 2001. See bottom of OP for links.

Seems unlikely it would be changed from 2.25 to 0.0 back to 2.2(5) in a period of 2 years but possible I guess.

Either way, all I really care about is the level cap.

Quote:

Although right above it says the below quote which is a weird way to write a change so maybe it did have -10 MR but was taken out
Yeah read right over that line without realizing what it said, seems settled then that it hasn't had -10MR on p99 since 2014.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

I see what you're saying but I'd trust an actual spdat over the casters realm post. Since it was changed in early 2002 to have reduced mana cost it may have been changed at that time. Don't have spdat for anytime past velious though.

Right now you can chain cast GoK if its in slot 1 with a clicky. In any other slot it takes about .75 seconds to ungrey after casting in then using a clicky. Not sure what the difference is there but that's kinda off topic. Would be nice if recast time was 0 but sadly I'm gonna go with what the spdat says. Did check all of them that I have from kunark release to the last velious one. All were set at 2.25

Anecdotally and sorta off topic again GoK always sticks on resistant mobs far easier than something like Dazzle or the lvl 4. When doing seb king GoK will land on Reavers almost every time while any other mez will fail 70% of the time or more. Not sure why that is but it's something that's stood out to me and made me think there was a -mr component still. But due to that patch note I'm not sure why heh.
Last edited by Pringles; 09-05-2018 at 04:09 PM..
Old 09-06-2018, 08:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
I see what you're saying but I'd trust an actual spdat over the casters realm post. Since it was changed in early 2002 to have reduced mana cost it may have been changed at that time. Don't have spdat for anytime past velious though.

Right now you can chain cast GoK if its in slot 1 with a clicky. In any other slot it takes about .75 seconds to ungrey after casting in then using a clicky. Not sure what the difference is there but that's kinda off topic. Would be nice if recast time was 0 but sadly I'm gonna go with what the spdat says. Did check all of them that I have from kunark release to the last velious one. All were set at 2.25

Anecdotally and sorta off topic again GoK always sticks on resistant mobs far easier than something like Dazzle or the lvl 4. When doing seb king GoK will land on Reavers almost every time while any other mez will fail 70% of the time or more. Not sure why that is but it's something that's stood out to me and made me think there was a -mr component still. But due to that patch note I'm not sure why heh.
Right, the instant recast in slot 1 works for any spell with a longer cast than recast timer. Like I said, don't really care about the cast time getting changed just mentioned it since Lucy and the Casters Realm description both have that listed as the cast timer. If GoK had a 0.0 recast with a 55 cap it would still be a shitty spell, if it had a 2.25 recast with a 57 cap it would be useful.

As far as resist rates when I've personally casted it, I've had the exact opposite experience. Never seemed to me like it was less likely to be resisted than other mezzes, I guess that's why I had no problem at all believing the wiki was wrong about the -10MR.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

yeah anyways I think more than enough evidence has been provided proving it worked up to level 57 mobs. Now begins the endless months of bumping :P
Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't see this thing on you bug reports, but mentions GoK at the very least on a 56 mob.

Strangely, it says any mob level 56+ can't be stunned... is that a thing on P99? I know it was in old world (at like level 55, but also immune to mez / charm), but hadn't heard of that on P99 for Kunark / Velious. Don't have a high enough chanter to test. Telin/Nilbog, can you confirm if you need further research into that area?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monk...unic-t789.html
4/19/2001:
Quote:
You can stun the L56 adepts it just takes mezzing them with glamour of kintaz. (Technically not a stun but it works)

Any mob L56+ cannot be stunned by "stuns" it takes mezzing with the proper spells to do it. (and interrupt gates/CHs)

King? he cant be stunned (L56). Hes pretty mean hits for 245 and LoHs (barely notice a dent in his hp with it, think he has about 15k hp)Lucsa, 59 Master Frog-slayer...
Old 09-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't see this thing on you bug reports, but mentions GoK at the very least on a 56 mob.

Strangely, it says any mob level 56+ can't be stunned... is that a thing on P99? I know it was in old world (at like level 55, but also immune to mez / charm), but hadn't heard of that on P99 for Kunark / Velious. Don't have a high enough chanter to test. Telin/Nilbog, can you confirm if you need further research into that area?

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monk...unic-t789.html
4/19/2001:
Yeah, every 56+ mob on P99 is immune to stuns and immune to every mez besides Rapture. With stuns, you will still see the message such as "<Mob name> is dazzled by scintillating colors." but the mob isn't actually stunned, it continues swinging or casting as normal. With mezzes other than Rapture they just resist every cast like they are MR immune or something, there's no message saying they are immune to mez like on Live.

Thanks for posting the link and comment. I think all the evidence speaks for its self.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Banned

Great bug report. I can definitely attest to having tried GoK multiple times at King at level 60 with zero positive results.

Side note, and not to derail, but....

...can you imagine what King was like on live with a group of crappy geared mid 50s? Mother of God.