Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

I would agree that monk PL is probably better and more efficient, but this method definitely does work for a mage. Whatever aggro the mage gets for siccing its pet on a mob and then reclaiming it is minor enough that a single hit from the person being PL'd will give them credit for the kill.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Aviak

guinea, you're wrong. this is how i have my warrior PLed.

it only costs 200 mana to summon a pet, it only takes like 6? seconds to cast a pet spell, and when you reclaim you get the majority of that mana back.

The rest you get while medding while pet kills.

Is it faster than monk? that prolly depends on each player, but its fast, it works. and you're dumb for speaking on things you've not actually tried.

Also - Pet quads for 58 and has a 42 point Damage shield. Its on par if not stronger than monk damage if its tanking.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm.. I only tend to get a chunk of mana back, even when my pet is at 100% health

Again this goes back to what sort of mobs we are talking about. Unless you are killing giants or something else with very high HP a single mob is down within a couple seconds with that kind of DS.

Anyway, I understand the principal of the idea, I just don't agree that this is a faster method... unless your counting PL sessions in 10 minute intervals.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What sort of mobs are we talking about anyway where it's worth recasting a 42 DS pet per kill?
Kedge. Mage can break floor 1 and floor 2 solo and use all those mobs for PLing. I am not even sure a monk can solo a cauldron shark or a hammerhead shark? There is 0 downtime for a mage because you med during the fight and you desummon your pet with your torch which gives you nearly full mana back. So you actually end up gaining mana while you PL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

Besides the fact that Mages can do it with lvl 44+ mobs, generally the person you are plvling should be hitting on it same time as pet if they know what they are doing, thus when you reclaim the agro transfer to the person you are plvling (That would counter guineapig agro wipe thing, but not agro wipe, just other person has more agro) and gets DS'ed. Plus because the person was hitting on it the whole time, you can generally make another pet and send it in to kill it quicker if it was running or not. (very effective if the person you are plvling is too low to kill it properly)

So what i am saying is, person hitting on mob take off 5-10% while pet was on it, mob runs at 8-12%, pop pet make another pet and kill it. Person get xp.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

That makes much more sense. Higher HP mobs and getting on the agro list before pet is poofed are the keys that were missing from the previous statements.
(And I was stuck on the whole agro wipe concept. If Agro were wiped simply by poofing pet and not nuking it would be game breaking.)

I agree that versus higher level mobs like those mentioned a monk would not be practical. The only tough part then is keeping agro off the PL'd player as pets have trouble keeping agro off players, particularly if the player is much lower level than the mob.
Last edited by guineapig; 01-05-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

boy i even forgot about the fact that mages get DS's. Meaning you can fight HIGH level mobs that don't run because when you transfer agro to the PLee at 1% they just have to survive a couple hits and let the DS kill the mob. This is especially useful if the mob is so high level above the PLee that they have trouble doing damage (like kedge) and therefore only have to do 1 pt of damage and let the DS do the rest.

And when PLing someone in kedge on normal xp... the second floor mobs would give ~4 blues per kill in the mid 30s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Last edited by nalkin; 01-05-2011 at 07:11 PM..
Old 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not the reclaiming of the pet that takes time and mana, it's the casting of a new one. There is no way a mage can keep up the same pace as a monk with regen and DS. It just sounds very inefficient to me with too much downtime. What sort of mobs are we talking about anyway where it's worth recasting a 42 DS pet per kill?
I've done this personally. It's faster than a monk, cheaper, and safer.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Kobold

PLing for 1-30/35 = druid, 30/35-50 = mage hands down.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvappe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PLing for 1-30/35 = druid, 30/35-50 = mage hands down.
50 necro is also not a bad option, with the ability to rot / FD
Closed Thread