Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hi Everyone

I am new to P99. I was curious to see how true to the original game this was, and boy was I treated.

After creating my character, I lost my sense of direction in Steamfont, and ended up finding some level one mobs to fight. Problem was the level 1 mob I fought kicked my ass, and as I'm going to retrieve my corpse, I die another 5 times before finally retrieving my starter gear. Then of course (Why wouldn't it happen) whaddya know a coyote picks me off while I'm running back to Ak'Anon, causing another 3 corpse runs :\

Happy hunting, hope my blight is your upbringing.

PS. have yet to hit level 2, but I fully expected this to be the outcome when I chose an Enchanter as my first character (Was my main class on live, but had played Druid before making one).
Old 05-07-2021, 03:07 AM
Fire Giant

Steamfont is my favorite starting area but it takes time to learn. Don't forget about spiders behind the mill.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:21 AM
Large Rat

hmmm, you died 8 times at level 1 and didnt uninstall?

Welcome home.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:22 AM
Banned

ya hehehehe, go to CB g3t grps u will be addicted4life

on ur deathbed ur gonna be at manastone camp on green3.0
Old 05-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome to project 1999!

Classic Everquest can be a real challenge but if you stick to it you will be rewarded. The first 10 to 20 levels are the hardest but after that the world opens up and your class begins to show it's strengths.

Enchanter is a great class though I definitely wouldn't rank it as an easy to play class. That said in terms of capability the sky is the limit for enchanter. They are one of the strongest classes in the game thanks to their charm mez and blur capabilities. also don't sleep on their summon pet, a lot of people underrate it. It's quite strong. Keep a rune (damage absorb) up at all times and enjoy the journey!

Remember don't give up! Make friends and explore norrath.
also check out the project 1999 Wiki https://wiki.project1999.com
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Welcome back!

Take the road west right outside akanon and hunt around the Druid ring there till 4ish. I still died a handful of times as a wizard and I’m pretty sure chanter is a little more rough.

Get a sewing kit to combine silks, thread and swatches sell for like 5-10+pp each. Stack of bone chips is around 10p and both are quick sells in eq so you don’t have to waste your playtime playing plat games.

Hope that helps!
Old 05-07-2021, 04:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am new to P99. I was curious to see how true to the original game this was, and boy was I treated.

After creating my character, I lost my sense of direction in Steamfont, and ended up finding some level one mobs to fight. Problem was the level 1 mob I fought kicked my ass, and as I'm going to retrieve my corpse, I die another 5 times before finally retrieving my starter gear. Then of course (Why wouldn't it happen) whaddya know a coyote picks me off while I'm running back to Ak'Anon, causing another 3 corpse runs :\

Happy hunting, hope my blight is your upbringing.

PS. have yet to hit level 2, but I fully expected this to be the outcome when I chose an Enchanter as my first character (Was my main class on live, but had played Druid before making one).
What is your ingame name? Is it as easy as Telamp? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-07-2021, 11:22 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back brother! Blue or green server?
Closed Thread