Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 AM
Aviak

I'm also suddenly crashing while zoning, about 20-30% of the time. Been on p99 blue about a year.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

crashing a bunch today... can any GMs chime in on this? this issue appears to be spreading...
Old 03-17-2014, 09:54 PM
Large Bat

I'm having the same problem. It's odd because sometimes I can zone or log on just fine and then about a minute later it stops responding to my mouse then it crashes to desktop. Kinda of a drag.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

yeah this is horrible. I wish a gm would at least acknowledge this thread and comment on all the different people having this same problem.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Aviak

I am also having this issue severely. I can't get back into the game for the last 3 hours now.....Keeps pulling up a blank server selection screen after it crashed on me 3 times in game I haven't been able to get the server selection to come back up. Very discouraging.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Large Bat

I'll write more about this when I get home but I changed the name of the UI folders associated with the character with whom crashing was a problem, forcing EQ to use the default UI as well as the default window placement. I logged on last night for a while and had no problem crashing. Further more, I had no trouble zoning into EC. Previously, I could not zone into EC with my main character even while my alternate character had no problem.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Large Bat

I've played for a couple days now and am having no more problems. It started out when I found I could not zone into EC with one of my characters...EQ would hang then crash to desktop. I finally had to petition a GM to move my character to another zone. After that, I started to crash to desktop at random. It got to the point that EQ became unplayable.

The odd thing was that my alts seemed to have no problem and could even zone into EC with no trouble at all. I tried several measures suggested on these forums...Win EQ, set affinity to a single core, set combatibility to Windows XP sp3, etc. Nothing seemed to work.

But I remember reading a post here about the UI being the cause. So, I /loadskin default but even that didn't work. But it occurred to me that one of my chat windows I set up to hold the /auction channel and that even though I loaded the default skin, my chat window placement was as I made them. So, going into my uifiles directory, I found a folder with my character's name on it. I renamed that folder to "character_name_Old", loaded up EQ and have had no trouble since.

This is purely speculation but could it be that the auction window I set up might have caused the problem? It was EC, where the server's player market is, that I couldn't even zone into. And, I can't prove this, but maybe what seemed like random crashing in other zones occurred when someone happened to use the auction channel. I have no idea why it might cause EQ to crash but it seemed related. Correlation does not imply causation but I can think of no other reason.

Anyway, I'm happy now that EQ is working for me.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

getting worse and worse... can GMs help at all or say anything on this?
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Tried to come back to p99, tried logging in my char and sat loading for 5 mins, EQ stopped responding. Still. lol. Try again in a few months.

no problems with EZ or hidden forest, strictly p99.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Large Bat

I have these problem too :/ Sometimes there are no problem whatsoever, but sometimes I can't zone without the game completely freezing. It's so annoying...