Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 04:13 AM
Large Rat

Default Starter gear for Ikky shaman?

Trying to find some decent gear for my shaman. Most guides i have found are on a 10k+ budget...ive got like..2-300pp. What should i try to get? I really need a better wep, should i try to find banded and focus on main/offhand for now?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/Springwood_Club

That's a nice starter weapon inside your budget.
Later get a poison wind censer (typically less than 1k)

As for banded: Go for it, cheap and nice. But do weapon first.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah. Leveling in banded is fine for a good long while. If you're soloing, a weapon is more important than if you're grouping. So depending on what you plan to do/when you play, prioritize armor and a weapon accordingly. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Large Rat

Yeah im mostly soloing. Don't mind a group but ive got a bunch of kids and sometimes i have to run off and stop one of them from falling of the roof or some such....

Ill go for banded and some nice weapon then =) thank you!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

I've said before and I'm sure I'll say it again: I'm a level 60 Shaman who still wears two pieces of ringmail (one on my legs, check my Magelo!). My gear was similarly garbage when I leveled up, and I didn't even have the Iksar regen or AC bonus. Shaman are OP and gear really isn't that important for us.

Your weapon and clickies like the JBB and epic matter. All the rest of your gear really doesn't, at leas for leveling. I mean, I'm not talking about playing nekid, but if you just wear what you loot the difference in stats between that and say banded really is not going to make a huge difference. But in the time it takes you to go buy that banded you probably could earn half a level, and save the plat for spells (or future clickies).

Then again this is EQ and getting gear is fun, I understand. Just saying that it's not necessary, and if you wait to worry about it until you are 45+, and focus on leveling instead, you'll get to 45+ faster and have more plat when you get there.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Orc

As an iksar you won't even have to save for a JBB.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Banded. Also the Iksar cultural isn't bad. I can make it, not sure how popular it is though I never see it for sale.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Try to get a poison wind censer, it's a 500pp 20/28 2hb and won't start processing until lvl 50. Banded is fine to start with, and the other thing I would suggest is getting two 55 hp rings they cost about 225pp each. The added hps is a huge boost to your survivability.
Closed Thread