Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Default Bind Wound, bugged

Ok to clarify the issue I am going to explain how Bind Wound usually works:

1. You press the Bind Wound Button or use the Hotkey
2. You get the Skill Message: You begin to bandage yourself
3. You go into Crouching Position
4. You stand back up
5. You get either the message: The bandaging is complete and you gain the HP, or a fail message if you're already over 50 (or 75%) health
6. Your Bind Wounds button recycles and BW can be used again

That's what happens when you press the Bind Wound Button. No further interaction is needed.

NOW, since I have started my Iksar Monk, I have found out that sometimes (I would say roughly 5-7 % of all the Bandages I'm using), you just get

1. You press the Bind Wound Button or use the Hotkey
2. You get the Skill Message: You begin to bandage yourself
3. You go into Crouching Position

and then it skips everything else and just goes to

6. Your Bind Wounds button recycles and BW can be used again

You don't get HPs back, you don't stand back up by yourself. Basically you're just crouching, and in order to Bind Wounds again you have to stand back up.

Usually this means that I basically lose 5-7% of all my bandages that way, I waste time (because I have to stand back up and reapply bandage), and in the rare case, it kills me because a DOT ticks down on me while the Bind Wounds Attempt fails.

I have tried to find a common denominator that might cause this, but it is absolutely random. Here's some stuff I've tried to narrow it down:

* only clicking the Button and not using the hotkey => it still happens
* only using the Hotkey and not clicking the button => it still happens
* not touching the keyboard or the mouse after use the skill => it still happens

The bug is not bound to any user interaction whatsoever. It is not reproducable in any way, and believe me, I've tried everything. Out of 25 levels I have spen't 23 soloing, so I have had plenty of time to find the root of the problem. To no avail.

I have talked to a lot of monks about this today, most of them don't bother soloing so it doesn't affect them very much, but ALL monks I have talked to said they have had that bug occur to them.

I was kind of suprised when i checked the forums about this today and couldn't find a single post about this. But just take a minute to talk to some monks, everyone has experienced this problem before.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Banned

Update:

the problem still persists. But I think I might have found the reason for the problem: When you move onto a sliding platform/pathway, as there is in Upper Guk, and try bandaging while you are "sliding" along it, the Bind Wound skills behaves in the same way 100 % of the time. This is where I have no problem reproducing the bug.

If you are standing on completely horizontically even ground, the bug seems to occur much more rarely than it does on a slope. So this might be tied to some "movement" your character does, after you press the Bind Wound Button. Maybe in the rare case the progress of binding actually moves you slightly, while you are "ducking", and this is the cause for the bug.

In any way, I remember Binding Wounds SUCESSFULLY on a slope while moving on Live, it worked 100 % of the time. Here it works 0% of the time, so I think this might be the reason for the bug in the first place.

Also, please care to respond if you are having the same problem. I talked to a few monks since the last post and everyone has had this problem before. Some people even called it the reason for not soloing anymore (ohi Ohfuggle)

EDIT: By the way, the "allow auto stand" and "allow auto duck" features are also turned off, so that's not the cause either.

Thanks for your work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iance
Last edited by apio; 04-03-2011 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: adding stuff
Old 04-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

On occasion I see this. I will bandage a cleric and never stand up. No messages. I must hit Stand/Sit key to move.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 04-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I also experience this problem on my Iskar Monk, happens (randomly, as you say) in the pit of FoB (new character).
The only way to move afterwards is to Sit/Stand.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Fire Giant

This happens because it was a fix to a bug/exploit that allowed people to hit the bind wound key, stand up and move immediately afterwards, and still complete the bandage process without having to stand still the whole time.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Banned

BTW my record was about 7 failed Attempts in a row. In some places you just can't bandage at all, just try to find a spot with uneven ground and you'll waste all your bandages if you don't move.

It's just that losing so many bandages AND so much time all at once is really a pain in the ass for a monk who tries to solo. You spend hard work splitting up a spawn, where every second counts, and you lose 10-20 seconds everytime this happens. It adds up..

Especially if you are an Iksar who can't shop at any place he wants to, this is really extremely annoying. But maybe it's just my luck that everytime i run out of bandages im like 10% from leveling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plus the other day I died to a laughable DoT because it failed (which is a rare occurence, but still). Didn't mind the dying so much as the running back to Guk from Freeport without SOW and a crunchy CR without invis.

A fix would be greatly appreciated. And once again I must say I am really suprised that there seems to be so few people who care enough about this to actually post on the forums, but then again not everyone can surf the web 24/7 at work so I dont blame them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: When i leveled up my warrior, I also used to BW a lot, and never had this problem, ofcourse that was like 6 months ago, so if the "fix" was introduced within this time frame, it is most likely the cause for this bug.
Last edited by apio; 04-04-2011 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: added stuff
Old 04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On occasion I see this. I will bandage a cleric and never stand up. No messages. I must hit Stand/Sit key to move.
This is still happening to me daily.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Aviak

Could be a latency issue where the client thinks you're still and lets you bind, but the server sees you as still moving and fails the attempt.

It happens occasionally if you try to cast a spell immediately after stopping. I'm sure any number of Druids and Wizards can tell you about it, as it happens quite often if you don't pause for a split second after stopping when trying to cast while kiting.

Try to replicate the problem while standing completely still, then try hitting your bind button right as you let go of your movement key.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happens because it was a fix to a bug/exploit that allowed people to hit the bind wound key, stand up and move immediately afterwards, and still complete the bandage process without having to stand still the whole time.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Developer

I think I know how to fix it. It will take some testing, but I hope to have a patch put together tonight or tomorrow.

This is a side effect of fixing the exploit. The issue is, the client does not always send a position update when you stop, before you hit BW. But it is almost always within 2 sec of you stopping. So I just have to compare to the first update after BW starts.

H
Closed Thread