Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 06:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default A Guild for Beginners?

Is there a guild dedicated to assisting 'new to EQ' players?

One where any new player can join, a place to make friends and form bonds?
An establishment wherein one 'Graduates' after 30 days of play time or maybe a specific level & possibly rewarded after proving their dedication with playing EQ?
An organization lead by knowledgeable and experienced players with hopes of gaining and retaining a larger player-base?

If not, Why not?
Old 05-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Check out the wiki (http://wiki.project1999.com), specifically the guides section (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure), and then the "Beginning Players Guides" in particular.

Also on the wiki you can find the list of guilds: http://wiki.project1999.com/Guilds:Guild_List. The ones listed as "casual" tend to cater more towards newer players, so if you're looking for more experienced players to help guide you those guilds are probably where you want to start. They're not all for new players though (eg. Dial a Port is more like the server taxi service), so you'll have to learn more about them to find the right one for you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 06:44 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Alright, Thanks!
Old 05-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Aviak

One of my leveling alts joined kittens_who_say_meow and I would not recommend them as they were obsessed with finding my stash of catnip and chasing after my red laser light of doom. They also engage in far too much friendly and helpful guild chat for my taste, this is p99 after all. Lastly their members tried to invite me to groups when I wasn't even a cleric, not sure if they could still smell my catnip or were just strange like that. Anyway, don't think of joining kittens_who_say_meow, you will regret it.
Last edited by melandis; 05-24-2018 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: SARCASM
Old 05-24-2018, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of my leveling alts joined kittens_who_say_meow and I would not recommend them as they were obsessed with finding my stash of catnip and chasing after my red laser light of doom. They also engage in far too much friendly and helpful guild chat for my taste, this is p99 after all. Lastly their members tried to invite me to groups when I wasn't even a cleric, not sure if they could still smell my catnip or were just strange like that. Anyway, don't think of joining kittens_who_say_meow, you will regret it.
Kittens (and before them their predecessor, the Knights Who Say Ni) actually used to be my go to recommendation for welcoming completely new folks. But now that y'all are are a legit raid guild I figured you were more focused on raid level characters and less on hand-holding lowbies.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-24-2018, 06:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Rest in Peace is a nice casual guild. We welcome both new and returning members alike.
Last edited by Raynea; 05-24-2018 at 06:46 PM..
Closed Thread