Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
7 day ban for each, send them to couples therapy so they can learn to love again!
Old 01-31-2019, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

Another day of 'I'll never have to camp this again'.. lying POS.

Day 4 of camping the same thing you claimed you'd never camp again? Galaxy must be proud to have you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drest.JPG (33.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 01-31-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The proscribed mechanics by which a camp is considered held have already been quoted by Bricke, and as none of them were met.

The only other rules on the issue is you can't kill a mob someone else already engaged, which Bricke failed to respect.

Tooth broke social convention not respecting brick's 'canp'. Brick broke rules on engaging a mob tooth already was fighting.
Why isn't it as simple as this:

Quote:
You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it.
Camp was uncontested when OP was there after Toothed had logged off. Toothed logs back on, and at that point the camp is contested. OP maintains a presence at the spawn to hold it per the above requirements. The above requirements do not say anything about killing PHs or keeping the area clear as a requirement to hold the camp if contested.

While uncontested, there was no requirement for the OP to keep the area clear or kill PHs (Hadden being his own PH), since the above states you do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it claimed (thus not in a position to clear the area of mobs or kill PHs anyway.)

I realize this contradicts the first part of the camp rules which I left out, but that omitted statement is prefaced with "in general" and I believe the focus here is contested vs. uncontested, which goes into effect if there is not an obvious claim to the camp of someone clearing the room/PH.

I think any reasonable person here agrees that if you roll up to a camp and no one is contesting either to your face or in an OOC camp check, then that camp is uncontested and you now have claimed it. And if you did have someone present at the camp not actively clearing nearby mobs/PH or claiming via camp check, then if you want to contest that claim then the person claiming the mob has to meet the requirements of claiming a contested camp.above.

And the "in general" statement where the person claiming a camp is actively keeping nearby mobs and the PH down, then the claim to the camp is a no-brainer and the default way to actively claim a camp such that no one can contest.

Disclaimer: not an elf lawyer

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 01-31-2019, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Its open to interpretation on purpose, it really enhances the engagement and investment.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:20 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricke75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another day of 'I'll never have to camp this again'.. lying POS.

Day 4 of camping the same thing you claimed you'd never camp again? Galaxy must be proud to have you.
Komodor is a person you can contact if you want to go that route.
I really don't think anyone in <Galaxy> has read this post or if they have, nobody has said shit about anyway. I can tell you that people in <Galaxy> have been cool and I doubt that the G-leader, officers, and members (myself inculded) are cool with KS'ing or any type of nefarious gameplay.

I actually believe that you were wronged and can sympathize with you since I've had Hadden KS'ed twice... It really sucks and I totally get it.

SIX DIGIT SYSTEM TAKES A NUMBER TWO
Old 01-31-2019, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

how was he wronged when the earring didnt drop lol?
Old 01-31-2019, 02:41 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I guess I consider disrespecting camps,regardless of what does or doesn't drop,to be a shitty move. I guess you and I see things differently? I also don't think Drest has presented himself very well the way he is posting.

SIX DIGIT SYSTEM TAKES A NUMBER TWO
Old 01-31-2019, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle Juice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I consider disrespecting camps,regardless of what does or doesn't drop,to be a shitty move. I guess you and I see things differently? I also don't think Drest has presented himself very well the way he is posting.
Thanks for the support.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekreant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hurrr... I robbed some guy on the street but he didn't have any money so it's ok. Durr..
Old 01-31-2019, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Drest is camped there. I just killed Axe so technically it's my camp now? right JimJum?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Axe.JPG (28.1 KB, 102 views)
Last edited by bricke75; 01-31-2019 at 04:08 PM..
Closed Thread