Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people are going to be 50 by the first week, the problem is back then, wiki ect ect wasn't an option so you really had to figure out how to do stuff, now the game has been out 20 years people have figured out all spawn cycles, for instance i played a mage for 3 years on live and never got a pegasus cloak for epic, people thought it was a random spawn ect ect.. now there's a method to farm it and you can have it within an hour. so big differences like that speed the game up.
You really think people are going to just barely sleep for 7 days to hit 50 on an EQ emulated server when they've already hit 50 multiple times on the first iteration of said server?
Old 10-22-2019, 01:37 PM
Aviak

Just look at the different threads organizing launch groups. For some the race already started.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really think people are going to just barely sleep for 7 days to hit 50 on an EQ emulated server when they've already hit 50 multiple times on the first iteration of said server?
Is this sarcasm or do you really not know what you're dealing with here? The first 50's might even be sooner than a full week.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly it will be interesting to see how the server plays out. I think what part of it will come down to is peoples attention spans from classic to kunark. If lots of people really stay into it (lets be real here, classic EQ with high pops is REALLY slow) you could have lots of people competing for camps in kunark with subpar equipment and mechanics that are not as user friendly. Of course there will be 60's, but I have a feeling it's going to be fewer than people think.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say without a doubt, even with the lure of manastones and other high-value distractions.
Old 10-22-2019, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say without a doubt, even with the lure of manastones and other high-value distractions.
IIRC on live back in 2000 when kunark was released there was a level 60 iksar within a week
Old 10-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly it will be interesting to see how the server plays out. I think what part of it will come down to is peoples attention spans from classic to kunark. If lots of people really stay into it (lets be real here, classic EQ with high pops is REALLY slow) you could have lots of people competing for camps in kunark with subpar equipment and mechanics that are not as user friendly. Of course there will be 60's, but I have a feeling it's going to be fewer than people think.
Imo you gotta take vanilla slow. So much great content to pass through not much at the top.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Leveling will be harder than people think in the 40s and 50s without Kunark zones and Velious zones respectively, for some classes anyways. It will be ultimately a good thing because more people will group as a result, which is what made everquest what it was in the first place. Just chilling out in Lower Guk frenzied camp with 5 people getting a whopping 1/4 a yellow on a saturday afternoon.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fascinating.
Thank you.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

The main thing is there were be sooooo few fungis on Green when Velious hits...this will automatically make Green more classic than blue ever was.
Closed Thread