Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 11:04 PM
Kobold

YAH! & yet boo...wish it was a brand new server start like Green was but I'll take it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks Devs!
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd rather no one be able to transfer tbh.
Right? I didn't have time to dedicate to Green launch, almost had a second chance with a calmer version through Teal. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would advise against that since neckbeards would just monopolize both servers and complicate life for casuals like me.
I think that is why people are asking. I'm kinda worried about it, in a month the same psychos will be on the list for both server's manastones on their high level mages. No reason not to.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by westarcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my question as well, once the hype dies down to reasonable levels.
Literally from the post says "We will be keeping an eye on player numbers and merge Teal back into Green as soon as the combined population is appropriate for the current content, whether that be in weeks, months, or years.
"
Old 11-01-2019, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was also important to consider the affect such a population will have once the majority of players start reaching end game zones, of which there are a very limited amount, particularly in Classic. The fact is, even at concurrent numbers of 1500 to 2000, it is simply too many players for pre-Kunark.
Very true, and very wise. This will make it a lot easier for guilds to coexist on both Green and Teal. Thanks, Rogean.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

will this fast respawn stuff be turned off when teal opens? Its causing anomalies in the economy.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleztheAndal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Manastones and guises are going to be common as fuck lol.
You mean like how it was on live?
Old 11-01-2019, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

If teal is splitting off, I say never let it return to Green unless the population is desperately low. I'd rather not have every other character walking around with a bunch of op items.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

No transfers is better I think, allowing all the people who didn't play because of the overcrowding to start on an even playing field.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

This is amazing!

Your plan to merge if the population drops is a great one, we all know new servers drop in population, thats just the nature of new servers, but to give an option where if the population stays strong for it to be its own is just fantastic

I havnt made my toon on Green yet because ive been waiting for the starting areas to filter out, but this will allow that. I bet there are others like me who love classic EQ but are just waiting to hop in when your not fighting over camps non stop.

+1 Canada points
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Last edited by Fifield; 11-01-2019 at 11:21 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Sarnak

I'm not thrilled about this whole Teal thing, but I have an idea.

Green and Teal are intended to eventually merge in to one server. Allow us to move back and forth on a weekly/monthly/bi-monthly cooldown or something. The potential for abuse seems clear to me. Raid guilds utilizing this to clear content on one server, then bounce to the other for a second clear. Maybe for particular targets on an earthquake, if there will be quakes.

A solution may be to approve the transfers in batches, and randomly. We enter a command to be put on a list. You are sippin' coffee on a Saturday morning and decide to take a moment and approve the batch. All those who entered the command however many days or weeks ago suddenly poofs over to the doppelganger server.

Green and Teal will feel more like one server, and I don't have time to reroll and I dont know that I want to move. I don't want to have to decided in the next two weeks :-(

Once a month. You approve batches randomly. Not unlike how you handle earthquakes on Blue. Simple? It could work, no?
Closed Thread