Worker 52 68.42%
Unemployed/disabled 6 7.89%
Bush seemed nice 18 23.68%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who had fancy jobs where they got paid too much to play EQ on company time were probably the best raiders. Good officer material. Clerks like myself were good because no life prospects but less mentally healthy due to socioeconomic stressors. Unemployed / disabled was a mixed bag. Either the sweetest or craziest. Anyone with real real life responsibilities who played hardcore was neglecting something hugely important and probably a dick on top of it.

Good analysis.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Picture of the century.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

Ha! No one thinks of the third category.

The idle.

I can work but why? I have enough to live, to do my pursuits, everything is taken care of. I wake up, I go for a bike ride, I farm some cloak, then I take a nap. I go out for dinner, take my date to the hotel, before I fall asleep I check the raid schedule on discord for next day. I'm not rich, but I invested in some real estate, I got some stocks, bonds and bitcoins or whatever. Working on my pilots license.

I mean that's not me. I live in a slowly-flooding basement with one flickering fluorescent tube away from the end. I'm just saying it's not a dichotomy. There's a lot of idle people who aren't crazy and are perfectly employable.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:24 PM
Orc

i'm a walmart greeter. love it. fuck anyone that says im a loser. i have a job. you don't. people are extremely judgemental about my job, but i enjoy it. I make people smile.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Banned

Recondo and I are different kinds of smarter than the cucks
Old 05-03-2021, 06:28 PM
Aviak

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Are you redefining certain unemployed people as “idle”?

This doesn’t have to be some deep philosophical take: You’re either employed or you’re not.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

watch out pussies, i got my wooden club ready
Old 05-03-2021, 08:03 PM
Banned

The reason he's redefining it is because he is afraid of being considered a trash person in his eyes.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason he's redefining it is because he is afraid of being considered a trash person in his eyes.
It's debatable really
My first job when I got out of the ARMY was at a factory called TRW. Paid $9.25 an hour. 40 hour week, my pay check was roughly $299 a week after taxes. No benefits. This wasn't considered freakishly bad for this area, in fact there were people who were jealous of my job and tried to get hired there.

Now flash forward to the future. I'm making 4-5 times that mining Ethereum, and even a 1% gain on the stock market is $1,200 for my portfolio, so yes, it feels really dumb for me to go work in factors for $9-10 an hour when I make significantly more than that just using my brain.

I genuinely miss climbing trees, and on a daily basis almost, I have someone ask me to come work for them, but the reality is... it doesn't pay enough compared to what I'm able to earn simply by trading stocks and/or mining.

I also am going to inherit 4 rental properties, and a farm that we lease out in the future, so I don't feel super panicked about my future. Most people around here see me as being kind of rich, and even resent the fact that they see me walking around the grocery store in a robe while they break their backs just to be broke all of the time.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, I read another Joe post and lost IQ.
Closed Thread