Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Orc

Default How does wolf form work in this situation?

Hello,

I have a question about a situation my friend is in. He can wolf form himself in an area where normally mobs are scowling without ever having killed one of the mobs. In wolf form he is dubious to the mobs. Killing the mobs gives bad faction hits to those same mobs (obv!). The question is, if he kills enough mobs in this area will his wolf form stop taking him to dubious (down to threateningly, then scowl again)? Or does wolf form take him to dubious regardless of how many he has killed?

Thank you for any insight. My searching on this matter was lacking either in my search skill or in results based on that skill.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

Wolf Form will only change the racial modifier. If you accrue negative faction hits, you'll still go KOS.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

I think this all depends on how far into 'scowling' you are. Very hard to say, when in doubt trust Aalderon Crystafire.

Lets use fake values for sake of clarification.

Say the bottom of faction table is -3000 (faction can't get any worse), lets say high end of scowling is -2000. Say low end of dubious is -1000, high end is -500.

Let's say in this case, with these mobs, lets say your friend has a 0 racial modifier in natural form with these creatures, but wolf form gives a +1,500 modifier.

If your friend's faction is starting at -2500, and wolf orm adds +1,500, they barely make dubious (-1000). A single kill would make them Threatening.

Let's look at another situation. Say they are max KoS (-3000) with that faction. If, for whatever reason, wolf form adds +2,000 faction modifier, it would boost them to dubious (-1000). In that case, I THINK, they can kill at will because your base faction is used then modifiers thrown in.

Aalderon can confirm / deny any of this.

The point is, no one can say if killing will bottom you out. All depends what the exact racial modifiers are and what your starting faction is and the bottom of the faction table. Need specific mobs and best way is to just have someone test themselves with same variables (race / religion / class).
Old 10-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Aviak

Good info - this would explain why some char have success in wolf in HHK while others get slammed. Glad to see this thread =).
Old 10-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Orc

Thank you for the replies. He has killed at least one mob and it didn't drop him out of dubious, but it did give him a negative faction message. It was not the "your faction can't get any worse" so I think he'd be best served not to kill any more if he wants to preserve his "wolf form faction" with those mobs.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:59 PM
Banned

^lol
Old 10-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Hard to tell those wolves apart