Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

Default Is there a better duo

than a shaman and monk? my brother and I are like a freight train just wrecking shit it almost seems unfair. got me thinking, what are some good class combinations and are there any better (more effective) than ours?
Old 12-24-2018, 01:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
than a shaman and monk? my brother and I are like a freight train just wrecking shit it almost seems unfair. got me thinking, what are some good class combinations and are there any better (more effective) than ours?
Enchanter and Cleric is the obvious one, Enchanter hastes pet, kills everything, Cleric Complete Heals pet when it gets low.
[60 Arch Mage] Unholypower (Gnome)
[58 Beguiler] Kudavan (High Elf)
[57 Troubadour] Atreyu (Half Elf)

Red Server
Old 12-24-2018, 04:50 AM
Planar Protector

Yea enchanter cleric is more powerful when it comes to leveling. Hasted torched pets combined with cheal and mez can basically grind anywhere and be efficient at it. In the end game I’d probably take monk/shaman for certain nameds when they’re both geared and shaman has op torpor but that’s a long way to get there enchanter cleric is just cheaper and more powerful in nearly every aspect.

I’d put enchanter/Druid pretty damn high up there too. If you’re sticking to animal areas for Druid charm you’re blowing through shit Faster than a monk/shaman ever could. there’s a lot of synergy between the 2 classes. Enchanter/ Necro in undead areas basically just as powerful as enchanter/Druid
Last edited by Crede; 12-24-2018 at 04:54 AM..
Old 12-24-2018, 06:25 AM
Fire Giant

Its unconventional, but bard and rogue, in any area with room to move in a circle. And you can kill any single mob. Bard can easily split most camps for singles. Easiest in open, outdoor zones. But works great in places like karnors, places in kaesora, can work it in high keep in the basement. Basically once bard has snare song, its game on. Bard snares and single target dots. Rogue just backstabs, melees, and shit dies.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:58 AM
Aviak

For reference, this grid of matches got posted a while back and may be of interest...

https://vivid-inferno-1662.firebaseapp.com/
Old 12-24-2018, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Bard and rogue is a strange choice... Necro +rogue makes more sense as it fix the summon issue or bard+wiz to kill multiples at once...both makes more sense than bard+rogue...
Old 12-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Charming will be the most efficient option since mobs do waaaaaayy more dps than players ever do
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Banned

Monk shaman is really only ideal if there’s challenging pulling involved.

Otherwise shaman/rogue has better dps. Lead off fights with slow, keep aggro and let rogue back stab. That’s more efficient and faster than slowing mid fight with a monk.

Without the pulling aspect monks act pretty much the same as all other melees with sham.

Enchanter charmed pet has better dps than monk and more hp than well geared warrior.

Each camp has specifics to it. Chanter is King some places. Shaman king in others. Some areas necro is king. There’s some zones and camps where charming has no use. There’s some zones and camps where it’s the only viable option.
Old 12-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Banned

Um a cleric chanter can pull just as easy with paci/soothe/mem blurs/roots

Cleric chanter is by far the best where charm is an option.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter + Cleric = best
Closed Thread