Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Orc

Default Cabilis Monk Penance

I tried to hand in the Monk Penance item to Master Nishka, without any success. Items where the book and the bag. No reaction at all. Character name is Snurk, in case you need to look up logs.

Unrelated: Do giant scorpions in Field of Bone ever drop any loot? Haven't seen any money or items coming from them.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I finished this quest a couple days ago (because I'm an idiot) on my Iskar Monk.
So you combined the blood water with the bones in the bag, then returned that and the book?
Look online, as you may have done it wrong.

Below copied from http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1259

this quest is not well explained . So as a human monk...
here it start :
grand master Niska :
she's on the right when you enter the guild.. Just hail her and say "no" .

The toilmaster :
hand him the book he'll return you it back.
say :
"i need the hammer of exoneration"
"i need the bag"
the toilmaster is between the bank and the brige you take to go to FoB, just near the sk guild, near some froglok slave or in the little building. I spotted him by the froglok slaves

the Mortician

say
"i need a mortar and pestle"

the mortician is in a building on the right of nec guild entry (in west cabilis), when you come from east cabilis.. There's a vendor inside this building + the skelly mortician..

let's proc !!!
huh ? what's this 2HB.. well here's the recipe :
- pick a mob, make this xmbrfll weapon proc, and do some bone fragments
- put the bone fragment in the mortar. When you have 8 bones fragment, combine. you'll have powdered bone
- Put all your powdered bone in the sack of pennance..

blood water
When you reached 7 powdered bone, go back into cabilis. blood water is buyable by vendors. Buy it , put it in the sack of pennance, and combine. You'll have a full sack of pennance.

i found my blood water by the vendors who are in the isle on the left of mnk guild when you face the entry. That's the vendor with a tad in a gloomy bocal

end of the quest
Go back to the guild, hand the book of the toilmaster + the full sack of pennance to master niska. you'll have the shackle of dust.

you can do this quest with an iks mnk, if you are not sure for the mortician part (nec guild too near).First attempt was with my hum monk and iks monk. I made the full sack of pennance with my iks mnk, handed it to master niska. Then i did the "book" with my hum monkess ("no" to master niska then handing the book to the toilmaster and rehanding the book to master niska). I redid the quest fully with my human monkess and had no trouble with reaching the mortician

I hope this infos will help.. I have been able to do the quest with dubious with swift tails. You should abandon the bone quest when dubious with monks, because this penance quest = like 60 bone quest or more. So doing 2 or 3 times this quest will max your faction with swiftails.

Now to continue the shackle quest you need maxxed faction.. (indif for me)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Skeleton

yeah I have done this twice. The first time because I was a dumb newly-newb after years and when she asked me if I had my shackle, I traded it to her. Boom, now I am without it, so I did the Penance, and got it back.

Once I had the shackle of stone (from turning in shackles of dust and clay) I would no longer have a LORE issue, so like a lot of monks I was going to have 2 shackle quests moving behind each other. I went back and did Penance over again, but this time, Niska didn't give me anything for the book and completed penance bag.

So I don't get it...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I did it twice back when Kunark was brand new in the 1999 era on Live and doing this was not uncommon for Iksar monks.

EDIT oh wait, I don't think the second time I handed the book to the Toilmaster, I just asked for the hammer and bag. That might be why.
Last edited by GretchenRPH; 12-12-2012 at 08:24 PM..
Old 07-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Orc

So I am back after two years and started wondering if I could get that second shackle. Did the penance and handed both the bag and the book to Nishka. Nothing happened. Still buggy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

you sure you handed the book to the toilmaster first?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 PM
Orc

Nope. And the thought scares me.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

I was able to get another shackle of dust without any issues doing what theGeekPirate has listed.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Orc

Indeed. You need to hand in the book to the toilmaster and hand in the book you get together with the penance bag.

Sigh.