Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Barbarian vision

I started EQ in May of 1999 so it had only been out for a few months and I played a Barbarian shaman that summer. I'm telling you this because even though I couldnt seen anything but black in a tunnel, I could see out under the night sky but with this new update the Zone is BLACK and I cant see anything at night at all. I do remember tunnel my gamma up to help with it. However I tried doing that and it didnt work. I really hope something gets done about this. I'm not saying everything needs to be bright but you should be able to see some thing at night in all this white snow under the moonlight. It shouldnt be a dark as it is in a cave.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Orc

Haven't tested it out yet (I will), but that's my memory as well. My first and only char for a long time was a barb shaman. The way you describe it is how I remember it as well. Couldn't see perfectly just down the tunnel from Halas in the newbie area, but it wasn't pitch black. And you could see on the Tundra pretty far away as long as it wasn't snowing, even at night.

The tunnel from EF to BB was frightening, though, when you had to go through it to get your corpse in BB... so blind without your candle or torch. Trying to find your way to a torch in the tunnel to get bearings and hope you didn't get turned around and go back the way you came just to have to do it again. Day or night didn't matter in the tunnel without a light source.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Right that is how it was. I that tunnel was so black you couldn't even see the walls without a light. But that is how Everfrost is now and it was never so Dark that you couldn't see anything at all without a light. Now if you where in another zone that had grass then it was a little harder to see because the grass was a dark color. However the snow made it easier to see at night.

I get what they are trying to do but its currently just way too much is all.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Are you in windowed or full window? It makes a huge difference between the two.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsippius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you in windowed or full window? It makes a huge difference between the two.
In what way are they different? More detailed information is always more useful.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what way are they different? More detailed information is always more useful.
It could just be my settings or computer. But in windowed gamma settings doesn't affect it. Compared to full screen it looks like windowed is set to about 10% gamma.

I wasn't really complaining since windowed mode isn't really classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] In areas I need to see better i switch to full screen.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Not that my memory of being a teenager in 1999 is good evidence but i remember it not being that pitch black outside as well. Think you guys went a little overboard with it.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sorry but that doesnt look like the summer of 1999 that I played
Last edited by sabersyii; 10-15-2019 at 08:30 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 08:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

lights are still working at day
Old 10-15-2019, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Heres a bunch of screenshots from 1999 to early velious

Lots of examples of how nighttime is supposed to look

https://m.imgur.com/a/k2OvZ
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread