Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 07:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And then each box with a merc. Nobody needs to interact except for raiding.
There have been reports of one person boxing Yelinak. DOnt even need to interact to raid :|
Old 10-16-2019, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other actions that are heavily frowned upon that we will start to enforce are /quitting to quickly switch accounts or letting a second account sit in character select... yes we can see this.
Just wanted to clarify that /q from one account to log into another account could result in a ban, even though I would have to wait until the first LD toon to drop from the server before I log into the second account? I see /q being used a lot in these instances as opposed to camping.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to clarify that /q from one account to log into another account could result in a ban, even though I would have to wait until the first LD toon to drop from the server before I log into the second account? I see /q being used a lot in these instances as opposed to camping.
When you have an IP exemption, you are able to avoid the LD lockout that normally lasts a couple minutes. If you don't have an exemption, you are not able to fast switch using /quit.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:34 AM
Kobold

If we don't have an IP exemption, is /q still going to be prohibited?
Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM
Sarnak

You can still /q to log out quickly. It's the logging back in that is where they get you.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can still /q to log out quickly. It's the logging back in that is where they get you.
Correct, /q all you want. But using it to quickly switch accounts is where it's a problem.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alrighty folks, with Green arriving soon I wanted to go over boxing. We take this rule extremely seriously and heavily enforce it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Aviak

/quitting to quickly switch accounts - why is this an issue? Is it that ppl w/ IP exemption are essentially on two accounts at one time on same computer same person when they do that? So it would only apply to ppl who have IP exemption and are abusing it? So that if you /q out WITHOUT IP exemption you'll be locked out for a couple minutes any way so no need to worry if you do NOT have IP exemption and /q then log over to other account? Do I have that correctly?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awweshux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/quitting to quickly switch accounts - why is this an issue? Is it that ppl w/ IP exemption are essentially on two accounts at one time on same computer same person when they do that? So it would only apply to ppl who have IP exemption and are abusing it? So that if you /q out WITHOUT IP exemption you'll be locked out for a couple minutes any way so no need to worry if you do NOT have IP exemption and /q then log over to other account? Do I have that correctly?
Maybe I'm mis-reading that person's post, but maybe they are asking about what happens if they /q from one account and then go to log in on a different account and get on a character from that one while their /q'ed character from the first account is still temporarily active?
Old 10-16-2019, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awweshux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Closed Thread