Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2021, 01:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Any guide suggestions for a new player?

Hello! I just discovered Project 1999. I've never really gotten into EQ in the past, but for some reason I am finding the low poly look very nostalgic.

Anyone have suggestions on guides to follow so I am not endlessly wandering around Qeynos or wherever my starter zone is. I am not sure what I should be focusing on as soon as I am plopped into the world.

Thanks!
Old 04-30-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

type in "qeynos project 1999" and click the wikipedia page and look at the maps.

Nice job getting the game to load up dude, thats the hard part.

Not knowing WTF to do is kind of the best part of the game, relish it.

/c or /con or /consider will tell you if you can kill a given enemy. You're going to be looking for the newbie yard with rats and things and to start killing them and getting experience points.

I guess its a steep learning curve I can't remember its been a zillion years. Welcome to the game!
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

There are guides for specific classes, guides for specific starting areas (including Qeynos), and so on. If you're completely new, I'd start with the "Newbie Guide", https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie (and then maybe look at the Qeynos starting guide and a guide or two for your class).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the replies guys. That wiki is super helpful. Exactly what I needed. I will probably start as something simple like a fighter/warrior type while I grasp the game.

I remember owning the game around when it came out but I didn't get too much further than the first few levels. I probably ended up stopping because of the learning curve. These days I miss having a learning curve when starting a game. Everything is too familiar.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:55 PM
Aviak

If you get the hang of eq and want an even earlier experience check out m59 on steam. Two of the original devs still run the three active servers and it hasn’t changed in almost 30 years.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I would say you can do qeynos gates 1-4. Go for all the decaying skeletons for the cloth armor, there are a lot on both sides of the road. Depending on your class you can move to the next zone, qeynos hills around 5 and fight stuff at the zone line. Then start heading to blackburrow and as soon as you can kill gnoll scouts and gnolls just learn where they are at the entrance and a couple spots nearby. Save the gnoll fangs for a quest turnin in the arena in south qyenos, and save what he gives you for a turnin near the docks. Once the gnolls in qyenos hills are easy you can start trying inside blackburrow. In west karana there are bandits that can drop bronze and red sashes. Those sashes are a quest turnin in south qeynos that give xp and bronze weapons. Depending on your class you can start trying those around 11.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:21 AM
Banned

Get lvl 20 on at least 1 Character so u can feed ur alts cb belts, pads. Or deathfist belts, lightstones, and GLS. Fastest way to 15 or so. Then u can skip the slowest soloyest lvls.

Tradeskills are great for when u don't want to grp. And quickly tossing some gear on those alts.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get lvl 20 on at least 1 Character so u can feed ur alts cb belts, pads. Or deathfist belts, lightstones, and GLS. Fastest way to 15 or so. Then u can skip the slowest soloyest lvls.

Tradeskills are great for when u don't want to grp. And quickly tossing some gear on those alts.
Are you deliberately trying to give bad advice? The second to last thing any new player should be doing is getting to level 20 and farming belts for alts ... and the last thing they should be doing is tradeskills!

Stick to a main character OP, have fun playing them (don't "farm" anything), and save tradeskills for when you are rich and have money to waste later on.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:01 PM
Banned

lol do what loramin said

its easier to do everything at higher lvl and exp is easier to get than gear and u dont need gear to get exp

but its fun, so if u find urself stalled, take a break and smell the roses, or wolf pelts.

on the side note taking a break at 4 to farm rusty weapons and vendor them and at 16+ to farm bronze weapons or do bandit sashes is always gonna help a lot especially when ya finally hit EC, if uc an get a magic weapon wisps and GLS are the way to go.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol do what loramin said

its easier to do everything at higher lvl and exp is easier to get than gear and u dont need gear to get exp

but its fun, so if u find urself stalled, take a break and smell the roses, or wolf pelts.

on the side note taking a break at 4 to farm rusty weapons and vendor them and at 16+ to farm bronze weapons or do bandit sashes is always gonna help a lot especially when ya finally hit EC, if uc an get a magic weapon wisps and GLS are the way to go.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now this is good advice.

Closed Thread