Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakengroves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone know how KOS a human necromancer [Innorouk] is in most "good" cities?
keep in mind what people might say about this may not be true (because of patch changes). they said that iksar necro would be able to purchase spells in the freeport tunnels. they cannot
Old 10-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

If your making your class choice based largely on the ability to FD and afk you should consider any race with hide can similarly afk around non see invis mobs, or if you have 30 sec you can just /camp before you afk...

Dont get me wrong FD is great for so many reasons but chosing a class based on the ability to fd afk seems silly.

If you decide that camping or hide will work for your purposes your class selection really opens up to accomodate your other two points.

However if your intent is to play at work or something where you need to ninja fd and minize eq when your boss walks by I could understand that.
Last edited by Elements; 10-31-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Old 10-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Kobold

I mean if your main goal is afk id roll a wizard then every 5 min blow your mana on a pull and then do the "oom afk while i get mana" card
Old 10-31-2013, 01:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The ability to AFK safely with FD while soloing is a major reason for favoring Necro or Monk.

I also happen to love the monk class, and of all the caster classes, necro seems the most interesting.

Ugh, hard to decide between the two... It seems a necro would be much easier to solo than an untwinked monk, easier to play in groups, and somewhat in more demand.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakengroves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the comments thus far. I'm still concerned about the monk's ability to solo after level 30 or so (especially without gear).

Does anyone know how KOS a human necromancer [Innorouk] is in most "good" cities?
idk about Human Innoruuk, but Erudite Necros start at Dubious to a lot of good places. i think my Erudite Necro could bank in North Freeport from day one.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The ability to AFK safely with FD while soloing is a major reason for favoring Necro or Monk.

I also happen to love the monk class, and of all the caster classes, necro seems the most interesting.

Ugh, hard to decide between the two... It seems a necro would be much easier to solo than an untwinked monk, easier to play in groups, and somewhat in more demand.
i love the idea that necros are more in demand in groups, i hope it will be true but perhaps I live in a fantasy land
Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Druid. Make Monies. Twink Monk.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
(1) I prefer to play "good" races because I enjoy exploring "good areas."

(2) I desire to play a class that can solo well. I've also read that starting out as a monk is difficult because it is harder to earn plat due to weight limitations. I am also concerned that I would not be up to par pulling in groups due to noobness [I MT'ed in EQlive and pulled most pre-Luclin zones, but it has been a very, very long time].

(3) My play time is limited and being able to AFK between kills is important on most days. This likely limits my class selection to Monk, Necro, and SK due to FD capability. I am also concerned that a necro, even a human, would not be able to prance through all the good zones.
1) You only stay in "good" or "bad" areas for maybe the first 15 levels....You've got 45 levels after that. Unless you're talking about Iksar then you pretty much just stay on Kunark, unless you're adventerous.

2) Don't worry about pulling on a monk in the early levels, most groups almost expect to get 2-3 mobs a pull. To be honest tho, most areas that you'll group in on the lower end the mobs are scattered very well and there aren't very many hard pulls you'll have to "break". Sure, later on 50+ it'll be very crucial to split but you'll have multiple days of in-game time to learn it.

3) While FD is a guaranteed fail safe for AFKing you may also want to consider a wizard or mage. Mage can more consistently kill, but is incredibly self-productive. A wizard is a bit rougher when levelling till you get a snare, but it's another scenario of very fast near guaranteed kills and AFK med time.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

I'd definitely say monks are more desired in groups than necros, but necros are much better soloers, especially if the monk has no gear. I also wouldn't worry too much about them being hard to learn. Fear kiting is easy. So is root-dotting. Undead charming is tricky but you don't have to do it.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Shamans are the kings of FD.
Closed Thread