Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Potential New Player

I've been seeing things about Project 1999 for the last 4 years or so on YouTube. I would come across the name every time I would have a craving for nostalgia and would search YouTube videos of old EverQuest. I think I remember seeing something about Project 1999 before it came out (or shortly after) and though I liked the thought, I didn't really think it would last or be worth looking in to. But finally, this time I went on a nostalgia spree and came across it on YouTube I decided to actually look a little bit more into it. So I have been reading these forums, and it actually seems pretty awesome! Plus, there are actually new players within the last month! I figured it would be lacking in any players to level up with, but since I came across a couple new player posts, so I'm seriously considering trying this out.

I played back when I was probably in 3rd grade or so and so I was never actually any good. I would mostly just create characters and get them to like level 5-15. But I loved the atmosphere of the game. I remember coming back to it a couple years later after Planes of (Power? Knowledge? One of them) was out and it just wasn't the same. I played a little WoW when it came out and UO years ago but I haven't actually played an MMO in years (and rarely even play any other types of video games on PC or consoles), so I feel like that would make me enjoy this server even more!

One thing I really like about this game that I remember is that you actually have to spend time traveling somewhere far away, you don't just have this go to teleporter that anyone can use. And there is no like minimap or whatever. It's more realistic in that you have to know landmarks and take the time to get to a place. AND you don't just go from zone to zone in a straight line after you get to a certain level, so traveling is actually something that you need to do. (Am I wrong about any of this?)

So a question I have is just how populated are the lower level areas? Like if I were to start up in Freeport or Kelethin would I be seeing many people or would it be pretty dead? How many new people do you see around? And how many people would I see who weren't actually new to the server but were lower level alts? When people level up alts do they typically do it in a similar fashion as a new player or do they just power level somehow?
Last edited by Kekoa; 11-06-2013 at 06:53 PM..
Old 11-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Fire Giant

Very populated. New players joining every day. Freeport and Kelethin are both good. Qeynos is dead. With EQMac dying, now is a good time to join as a chunk of them will be creating toons for the first time on P99. Plenty of people level alts by just having them group with others (although majorly twinked).

Come join the fun.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 11-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

I was in the same boat as you - early EQ had been pretty much the only MMO I ever played before I found this server. Plenty of new people around the Freeport and Gfay area and plenty of people levelling up alts with varying degrees of twinkage.

Get involved - you won't regret it.
<Asgard>
Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very populated. New players joining every day. Freeport and Kelethin are both good. Qeynos is dead. With EQMac dying, now is a good time to join as a chunk of them will be creating toons for the first time on P99. Plenty of people level alts by just having them group with others (although majorly twinked).

Come join the fun.
Qeynos may be dead but there are always people in Blackburrow taking every spawn for gnoll fangs.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am in the process of leveling up a druid (level 14 now) and recently migrated from Qeynos to Freeport. Qeynos was far from dead, especially in Blackburrow. I had little trouble in grinding 1-14 in the Qeynos region.

I look forward to seeing you and other new players in game!
Old 11-06-2013, 11:32 PM
Sarnak

I would say this: It's free and if you are feeling nostalgic, give it a try. Being that you were in 3rd grade when you played, and you liked it even then... you'll probably love it now! And in the worst case scenario, it's free and you spent no money in your attempt to see if you liked it! Give it a go!
Old 11-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seems like some good logic to me, I'll try getting it set up in the next week or so, hopefully it goes smoothly... but for some reason, I have my doubts about getting it running, heh, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:46 AM
Banned

yes... let it consume you

<emperor_palpatine.jpg>

EDIT: but seriously, give it a shot! very nice community on average
Old 11-07-2013, 12:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekoa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll try getting it set up in the next week or so, hopefully it goes smoothly... but for some reason, I have my doubts about getting it running, heh, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
It can be a pain to setup, but if you get stuck just ask for help on the twitch streams or this forum.

This is the basic setup guide.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
also this one helped me.
http://www.eqemulator.org/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Very populated server and not dead at all.
Come play

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 11-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekoa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like some good logic to me, I'll try getting it set up in the next week or so, hopefully it goes smoothly... but for some reason, I have my doubts about getting it running, heh, hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.
ahem...
if you need help finding where to get the Titanium client, i'm sure some buccaneers on the forums will guide ye ;]
Closed Thread