Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Non-classic idea that I doubt would ever get implemented but will throw out there anyways:

Keep all mob pops as they are now (or hell, revert to non-variance I don't care). Add an NPC that sells 'tokens' which can be used to do a special pop of the raid mob in question for the person/guild who purchased it. Each mob would have a different price and it would allow the more casual guilds chances at the same encounters without interruption and provide a plat sink to control inflation.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 11-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

i need moar loots please, could you change X and X to fit with my schedule more accordingly? btw if you dont do what I say the server will die! kthxbye
Old 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtb classic rotations without variances. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

- Elmiminates Socking
- Elmininates Griefing
- Everybody that can kill stuff gets a shot at something instead of "black market 1mil pp Epic MQ's"
- GM's can have less stressful raid environment to deal with (someone breaks rotation guild gets banned/suspended...no gm headaches).
- Guilds don't have to waste away their lives tracking for a spawn.
- Do away with static spawn click-fests.
- and most important It WAS Classic on many servers.
Agreed. I played on one sever dominated by a domineering poop-socking guild and several aspiring rivals. The drama was insufferable. I played on another server that used a rotation system. The rotation server had a far better community and end-game. Rotations are a much more enjoyable experience.

I have no intention of raiding on P1999 but wanted to comment on how much better rotations make a community. Regardless of whatever opinion someone may hold, it's difficult to understand how people can be passionate or protective about painfully boring, obscene camping/spawn mechanics that do little more than rotate the proverbial mouse wheel for alt-gearing.
Last edited by Oakengroves; 11-22-2013 at 05:24 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakengroves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. I played on one sever dominated by a domineering poop-socking guild and several aspiring rivals. I played on another server that used a rotation system. The rotation server had a far better community and end-game experience. It's a much funner experience.
+1
Old 11-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakengroves [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. I played on one sever dominated by a domineering poop-socking guild and several aspiring rivals. I played on another server that used a rotation system. The rotation server had a far better community and end-game experience. It's a much funner experience.
+2
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Agreed. I played on one sever dominated by a domineering poop-socking guild and several aspiring rivals. I played on another server that used a rotation system. The rotation server had a far better community and end-game experience. It's a much more enjoyable experience.
+<next # in sequence>

Also, glad you corrected "much funner" before you got flamed for it.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Kobold

I've been here almost a month now and after reading stuff like this I have ZERO aspirations of ever raiding on p99. Just not worth the hassle. Sad but I've made my peace with it and will continue to play, for now. It would've been nice to check out all those raids I couldn't get in on back when... for the SAME reasons. lol

It's kind of ironic just how classic this server is. You guys have even managed to re-capture the nuanced have v. have nots argument from 1999. lol
Old 11-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Liberation comes when you realize that you define what it is to "have" and what it is to "have not." Most of the highly successful raiders I knew during classic, myself included, focused so much on gear, leveling, and power that we sacrificed many in-game friends and endured, boring crappy gameplay conditions.

People usually remember fun, social activities from EQ or zany adventures gone awry. I remember those over completing my epic, clearing NToV for the first time, and a number of end-game related triumphs.

I feel like Big-Bossing a poopsock out of someone's hand, throwing it to the ground, and telling them that it is time to live.
Last edited by Oakengroves; 11-22-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+<next # in sequence>

Also, glad you corrected "much funner" before you got flamed for it.
Hyper editing for the win, baby.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't change anything because current rules benefit me and my play style
Closed Thread