Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is actually something i've wondered.....

But there are folks who port from hammerhill, and they typically get ports out first, and directly more tips. I also tend to tip people who port from Hammerhill more. This whole porting from ramp thing I imagine is some weird groupthink mentality.
As someone who did thorough testing of porting business in DAP from HH versus Ramp. Ramp always makes more money per hour, more tips versus stiffs, higher tips per average.

Why? I don't know. It just worked out that way over the course of testing across a month or so.

Here is one reason why Skyfire ramp is a port hub: you are less likely to be murdered there. There is a dragoon who does a goofy path near HH occasionally and has a high aggro range. sucks for the KOS people.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who did thorough testing of porting business in DAP from HH versus Ramp. Ramp always makes more money per hour, more tips versus stiffs, higher tips per average.

Why? I don't know. It just worked out that way over the course of testing across a month or so.

Here is one reason why Skyfire ramp is a port hub: you are less likely to be murdered there. There is a dragoon who does a goofy path near HH occasionally and has a high aggro range. sucks for the KOS people.
I know I am more likely to tip plat at hammer hill. There is a bank there (on topic!!), and it's close enough to pull out a stack of pp if I was short on booty.

If you've hurried me to ramp, so I overlooked checking my inventory for plat you might get done crap or gems out of my inventory at best.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:28 AM
Fire Giant

I use bank to change gold and for my 8 extra bags full of TS mats. Also bank is close to forge.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you are safer at hammer hill having not have had to risk running by a big ass golem and various dragoons to GET to ramp. i know a dude who pops up in hammer hill and gets people to port immediately. People jumping right off the boat, to immediately be greeted by a porter. No mobs in the way, no running to ramp, no waiting for the cliff golem to path correctly.. Your post doesnt make sense.

The only reason for suspecting that ramp ports make more money (which I dont believe), is because everyone has it in their head that its the only place to port from / find a port. If i were a druid and you were a druid, and I was to stand at hammer hill and you were to stand at ramp at the same time, offering the same ports, I would steal all your business, and it would be easy..
Last edited by Iksar_with_a_plan; 01-20-2019 at 06:40 AM..
Old 01-20-2019, 06:41 AM
Kobold

EC for auctioning was only used on the low tier servers. Mid tier servers used Kelethin and top tier servers all used North Freeport. Having to play on a low tier server using crappy EC for commerce makes me cringe. HARD. It's a fcking tunnel, who trades in tunnels? BUMS!
Get a grip p99. Nfp is clearly the patrician choice. Shame!
Old 01-20-2019, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

I for one will be selling all my wares in nfp now. xD
Old 01-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycohunden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC for auctioning was only used on the low tier servers. Mid tier servers used Kelethin and top tier servers all used North Freeport. Having to play on a low tier server using crappy EC for commerce makes me cringe. HARD. It's a fcking tunnel, who trades in tunnels? BUMS!
Get a grip p99. Nfp is clearly the patrician choice. Shame!
This is my number one gripe with the server. On Veeshan, NFP was the trade hub. Evil toons kicked it in the evil tunnel and sellers would set up in the back yard of Jade Tiger along the wall. People would have bags full of equipment to put in the trade window for you to browse as you could not link items at the time.

This system of using the tunnel seems like a huge waste to me because there is a bank in NFP.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahilu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand really.

Make a bard level 5 with selo and you run just fine with 500k on you.

You can shop , run from t1 t2 and then do your everyday grocery.

People like running bank then come back tunnel ?

People sell in tunnel you know not in bank !!!

You need your pp in EC Tunnel not in bank.

Don't start with he xfer excuse please .....

There always people that will XFER your stuff gladly.

Time you create a mule bard and you will save time

This is my new favorite rap song. (seriously, someone please set this to music)
Old 01-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like we need that brain meme where the normal brain is using a bank, the enlightened brain is using a level 5 bard, and the super enlightened brain doesnt even loot mobs.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesselring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the super enlightened brain doesnt even loot mobs.
selling MQs?
Closed Thread