Scrawny Gnoll

Seal Team bad. Casual players good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You are #1 most toxic.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seal Team bad. Casual players good.
Ty for putting this hot button issue in East to understand terms for all of us.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

Woah, big guy guilds getting defensive around ruining the game for everyone else and pointing the finger at the other guy
Old 05-04-2020, 12:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woah, big guy guilds getting defensive around ruining the game for everyone else and pointing the finger at the other guy
right on!!
Old 05-04-2020, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

the calories burned explaining why you aren't going to buff someone > just clicking a button

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll should check out this thread:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...26#post3122926

I think it has a valid point in it that synchronizes and resonates with what is going on here...
These people play this game because there is little to no skill or conflict involved. You run or teleport to a location, sit in a corner with 5 other people and press at most around 10 different buttons while 20 year old effects appear on the screen. This is where their competitive nature comes to die. These people want a test or a challenge about as much as they want a bullet in their foot. Think about how many of them sit at a keyboard all day, how many can play the piano? Stop trying to “figure it out” why you’re all here. The truth is extremely ugly.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:20 AM
Banned

itt: people upset that a game that is designed in a way that benifits the people with the most play time mad at them for having the means and playtime to dominate box.

say it with me.

Cry baby retards.
Old 05-05-2020, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babizul [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These people play this game because there is little to no skill or conflict involved. You run or teleport to a location, sit in a corner with 5 other people and press at most around 10 different buttons while 20 year old effects appear on the screen. This is where their competitive nature comes to die. These people want a test or a challenge about as much as they want a bullet in their foot. Think about how many of them sit at a keyboard all day, how many can play the piano? Stop trying to “figure it out” why you’re all here. The truth is extremely ugly.
Fair point. I am here, sorta to die. But I want to die in grace RPing elfs... so I am not really crazy. Right...
Old 05-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaezed-Reality [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
itt: people upset that a game that is designed in a way that benifits the people with the most play time mad at them for having the means and playtime to dominate box.

say it with me.

Cry baby retards.
It's not a game. A game by definition has to include a goal. EQ meets the other three requirements, it has rules, challenge, and interaction, but because there is no goal it's not a game. It's very simple; if there is no goal then you can't possibly be harmed or helped to achieve something that doesn't exist.

So what are we talking about here? It's basically a bunch of people saying we're going to go do this thing over here and you can't do it. People feel left out and now it's grade school all over again where a clique does this thing that seems very cool and special but that's because they make it appear so to enhance their in-group cohesion. Once you start doing that thing with them you'll realize you're just bouncing the ball against the wall the same way you would if you did it with anyone.

People are competing to see who is going to play with Joe's ball and complaining that Joe only let's his friends play. Meanwhile everyone has their own ball. Literally schoolyard dynamics here.

This is why I love these drama threads over trivialized boss fights.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is a seal team member doing around scrawny gnolls?
same reason girls keep an ugly friend around.