Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Level 34 and 39 Mage Pet Research

So the wiki doesn't have entries on the Spell Research page of the pets that you can buy at these levels. Do the recipes not exist, or is the table incomplete? It shouldn't be too hard to guess what the recipes are... Mage research is quite consistent after all.
Old 06-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Researc..._Spell_Recipes
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:13 PM
Aviak

To piggy back off this thread — my mage just hit 16 on green. At what level is it recommended or even required that I start researching? First caster in EQ so I’m a bit in the dark on how to make my researching life easier. I noticed the skill opened up at 16 but I haven’t trained it yet. Is it recommended to dump all my points into it now? Appreciate any and all advice.
Old 06-06-2020, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Pets you can buy at these levels can't also be researched. This came up during the mage pets research-only timeline changes, just keep that in mind.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Researc..._Spell_Recipes
I think what OP may have been referring to is the fact that if you go to any other tradeskill-made item in the wiki ... eg. a Tailor-made Backpack:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Hand_Made_Backpack

You will see the "recipe" for that item, on its page:

Quote:
Tailoring (Trivial: 88)
Yield: Hand Made Backpack x1
In Loom:
Item 504.png 1 x Backpack Pattern - Bought
Item 554.png 1 x High Quality Bear Skin - Dropped
However, for (what I assume are) historical reasons, most research-made spells do not have their recipes on them. Admittedly, this is not 100% true; there are researched spells that do have their recipe on their page, for instance:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Cornucopia

But ... many don't, and as Baler noted you have to go to the Research page to find their recipe.

Now, if you're like me, you might be wondering "well how do we fix this?", and the answer is ... you fix it! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you edit a page with a recipe on it, like say Cornucopia, you'll see this:

Quote:
{{Magician Recipe| Cornucopia | 62}}
{{Recipe Component| Words of Transcendence | 869}}
{{Recipe Component| Summon Food | 504| - Bought}}
{{Recipe Component| Loaf of Bread | 537}}
Simply copy/paste that code onto a spell page that doesn't have a recipe, and then replace the items with the correct items for that spell's "recipe". To get the numbers, simply go to the item pages involved and look for the "Lucy Image ID" in their code. For instance, if you edit https://wiki.project1999.com/Words_of_Transcendence you will see:

Quote:
|lucy_img_ID = 869
which then tells you that you want to use:

Quote:
{{Recipe Component| Words of Transcendence | 869}}
If everyone reading this just fixed one spell of their favorite Int caster class, the wiki would have recipes for every spell in no time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-06-2020 at 04:19 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pets you can buy at these levels can't also be researched. This came up during the mage pets research-only timeline changes, just keep that in mind.
OH, what OP asked suddenly makes sense to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe this is the bug post that covers this.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...=339230&page=2

Edit: woops sry loramin, I was sitting at submit while I dug up the thread.

Edit: I made edits to the wiki for the level 34 Earth & Water, Level 39 Air & Fire Pets. On their individual pages and an additional FAQ on the research page.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-06-2020 at 04:31 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: woops sry loramin, I was sitting at submit while I dug up the thread.
No apology needed! And if I was wrong about OP's concern ... well, at least it gave me an excuse to plug adding spell recipes to the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:24 AM
Sarnak

Yup, thanks all. If you noticed, I had actually done that for all of the magician spells... which is why I brought it up in the first place, as I didn't know why those were missing.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, thanks all. If you noticed, I had actually done that for all of the magician spells... which is why I brought it up in the first place, as I didn't know why those were missing.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh nice! I think what happened is that the "spidering" program that was originally used to build the wiki (from other sources on the Internet like Allakhazam) didn't pick up spell recipes. This was before my time so I don't know exactly why.

I noticed the issue and made the templates back in December, and added them to a few places ... but then got sidetracked by other wiki projects and forgot about them.

It was awesome to see that you did all the work to add them for all of the mage spells (and even fixed the "an" in the template): thanks for doing all that! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Last edited by loramin; 06-07-2020 at 01:17 AM..
Closed Thread