Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Force people to play the game for loot
I’m confused. Are you complaining that scout roll forces people to play the game, or do you feel arranging a low level raid mob fight with other players on the server to complete a quest isn’t playing the game?
Old 06-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m confused. Are you complaining that scout roll forces people to play the game, or do you feel arranging a low level raid mob fight with other players on the server to complete a quest isn’t playing the game?
Logging a toon in for 8 minutes every 10 hours to type /ran 1000 then rinse and repeat until you get free loot is not playing the game. It's a loot conveyor belt.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Oh you seem to have misunderstood, you don’t just get ‘free loot’ for winning a random. You still have to do the faction work, leg work for the quest as well as helping out on all the fights you /random for.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Fair" means that no other player has an advantage to win over another player.

The roll is "fair," by that definition, yes. But the system itself is not "fair" with regard to what you get out of what you give. It's not rewarding effort and time spent doing it.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

The agreement is a solution to a bottleneck that many many players WILL and can easily reach.

Amendments about level cap would only serve to further limit when players can start that bottleneck. Personally I would vote for 60 only [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but I think 55+ is completely fair

This is not to say that those under level 55 do not help. They certainly can, especially melee dps and clerics but minimums are set out of civility for other people. Taking the time to get a character to 55 before rolling on scout is imho respectful towards the others rolling. Personally I have only ever rolled on scout on 60s but then again all my characters are 60 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and I don't really do anything on my characters UNTIL they are 60
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 06-30-2020, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Every time you've tried floating the idea in /ooc at populated rolls, its met with nearly complete indifferent silence. As Loramin's explained repeatedly about player agreements, you have to win the people "on the ground", not succeed in a theoretical discussion on the boards.

Not an attack here, just the way it is. I think more people want it to stay the same for various reasons than want to risk changing it. And the risk of it devolving into a toxic clickfest is probably as much of a reason or more for many of them than just that they are rolling on alts.

We know that the additional restriction would be nearly unenforceable and we can't expect GM's to police it. So one pissed off shitlord's 50 monk burning a spawn turn in would be enough to start a chain reaction that ruins the whole thing for all of us.

I said a while back that I felt like it is already won by 55+'s the majority of the time and the lowbie winners were more the exception. Maybe if someone was running stats on it to show me that wasn't true I'd be inclined to change my mind.
Last edited by Fammaden; 06-30-2020 at 10:45 PM..
Old 06-30-2020, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh you seem to have misunderstood, you don’t just get ‘free loot’ for winning a random. You still have to do the faction work, leg work for the quest as well as helping out on all the fights you /random for.
Like I said, it’s free conveyor belt loot for not playing the game.

GMs plz save neckbeard play nicers from themselves
Old 06-30-2020, 11:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The roll is "fair," by that definition, yes. But the system itself is not "fair" with regard to what you get out of what you give. It's not rewarding effort and time spent doing it.
So... when you win the roll, everyone else is gonna lose and they will help you kill the mob. That's the return on your investment of all those other captain kills.

The agreement should change because you think you are over-investing on the quest?

Your time and effort are worth more than the other players who logged in to roll? Im sure thats not what you meant, its what it sounds like though

If the effort is not rewarding enough for the time spent... why are you even trying? Everyone else logs in to roll, very few of them complain.

Play some other games! I'm very big into RS6: Siege. If people do shit you dont like you can vote kick or just shoot them in the head!
Old 07-01-2020, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like I said, it’s free conveyor belt loot for not playing the game.

GMs plz save neckbeard play nicers from themselves
If a scheduled open server raid isn’t playing the game then I don’t know what is.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... when you win the roll, everyone else is gonna lose and they will help you kill the mob. That's the return on your investment of all those other captain kills.

The agreement should change because you think you are over-investing on the quest?

Your time and effort are worth more than the other players who logged in to roll? Im sure thats not what you meant, its what it sounds like though

If the effort is not rewarding enough for the time spent... why are you even trying? Everyone else logs in to roll, very few of them complain.

Play some other games! I'm very big into RS6: Siege. If people do shit you dont like you can vote kick or just shoot them in the head!
I think you are purposely misunderstanding what I am saying. I'm not talking about the agreement being the best thing we have available to us. Because, sadly, it is. But it isn't "Fair" with regard to you "Eventually" getting the item from the roll, because there is no guarantee. You can be there literally forever and not be guaranteed to get the item, whereas someone can get 2 bracers for each of their alts in succession. Is that "fair"? Not really, no.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Closed Thread