Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only one shaman race gets boot buckles. Also, the kunark experience is one of the best in game, and the shaman line of quests are great.
I will concede that a darkelf with a VP robe, using some legacy reward, is the greatest looking shaman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2020, 12:04 AM
Sarnak

Ogre in full https://wiki.project1999.com/Golden_Efreeti_Armor_Set is the sexiest thing since time began.

All hail the golden sham
Old 07-02-2020, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Anecdotally, the inflection in the word "geb's" is my favorite eq acronym I think of all the acronyms in this game.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anecdotally, the inflection in the word "geb's" is my favorite eq acronym I think of all the acronyms in this game.
I wonder if people pronounce "gebs" differently like they do "sow".

Someone should make a poll, short 'e' vs. long 'e', I wager some gotta say "geebs" because people exist who say "sow" like "cow" ughhh.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

I used to say G-E-B's but then I heard someone on vent just say the word gebs

like "ghe-bz", "I need a pair of gebs"

I cracked up and used that word ever since.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if people pronounce "gebs" differently like they do "sow".

Someone should make a poll, short 'e' vs. long 'e', I wager some gotta say "geebs" because people exist who say "sow" like "cow" ughhh.
Is that not how one pronounces the word for female pig?
Old 07-03-2020, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that not how one pronounces the word for female pig?
P99 has a few timeless debates:
FSI vs. troll/iksar
Iksar necro vs all other races
Sow (like fem pig or cow) vs. Sow (like sew or s-oh)
Old 07-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really see how Ogre/Troll is a min/max debate for shamans. You're talking about FSI which probably has a .0001% chance to save your life in very specific solo situations whereas Troll regen is making your life easier 100% of the time while soloing, grouping, raiding, etc. FSI is really more about being annoyed by getting bashed occasionally and if that is a deal breaker for you, then by all means roll one. Troll snare necklace will probably save your life more than FSI will.

With that being said, even myself having a Troll shaman, I'd tell anyone rolling a new shaman to go iksar. If you care anything about fashion, they win out with cool velious armor graphics as well as the ability to wear robes, and being fat just really gets old after awhile, despite shamans having the ability to shrink indoors and outdoors with potions. Also JBB really isn't that great once you get epic.
Last edited by Crede; 07-04-2020 at 01:15 PM..
Old 07-04-2020, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really see how Ogre/Troll is a min/max debate for shamans. You're talking about FSI which probably has a .0001% chance to save your life in very specific solo situations whereas Troll regen is making your life easier 100% of the time while soloing, grouping, raiding, etc. FSI is really more about being annoyed by getting bashed occasionally and if that is a deal breaker for you, then by all means roll one. Troll snare necklace will probably save your life more than FSI will.

With that being said, even myself having a Troll shaman, I'd tell anyone rolling a new shaman to go iksar. If you care anything about fashion, they win out with cool velious armor graphics as well as the ability to wear robes, and being fat just really gets old after awhile, despite shamans having the ability to shrink indoors and outdoors with potions. Also JBB really isn't that great once you get epic.
From a fashion perspective, pick the race you want if that is your biggest concern. Some people prefer having an edge stat-wise, as opposed to fashion. If you are like me, you like Ogres/Trolls AND stat advantage too.

No one has denied regeneration is better than FSI before you get Torpor. This is because 8HP/Tick is an extra 25% of the total regeneration you can get on a Pre-Torpor Shaman (+15 Fungi Tunic, +15 Regrowth/Fungi Staff, +2 Bear Form). That is quite a big improvement. Post Torpor, 8/300 is only an extra 2.6%. Torpor changes the Troll regeneration bonus from a 25% increase, to a 2.6% increase. That is a tenfold reduction in utility. This is why regeneration in general loses a lot of utility once you get Torpor. Most 60 Torpor Shamans don't keep a Fungi Tunic on all the time. It's still a great swap item in certain situations, but it isn't the godly item it is when you are Pre-Torpor.

Some people want the best edge they can get AFTER they have Torpor. If this is the case, FSI will save you more often than 8HP/Tick. If a fight is going south, and you only have one minute to live, 8HP/Tick is giving you a measly 80HP in that minute. That is 2 bashes from a West Wastes Dragon. If Slow wears off, and your re-slows are getting resisted, being able to land more slows in that one minute will give you a much greater chance of survival than 80 HP. This is why FSI is generally considered to be better than regeneration POST Torpor.

You should really get the snare necklace on a character to see for yourself, it isn't that great of an item. The snare has the lowest snare % in the game, the necklace has a 6 second cast time, it only lasts 36 seconds, and it seems to get resisted quite a bit. Due to it's 6 second cast time, it's not really an item you can use to save yourself. Root will work better in almost all situations. The only exception would be if the mob is a powerful caster, and you don't want it casting spells while it is running away. However, the slow is so bad the mob will keep running until about 10% health, instead of the usual 20% health.

JBB is a much cheaper leveling tool than epic, it can be resold if you want, and it is still useful at level 60. I use it to help kill West Waste Dragons faster. As a Shaman, reducing the amount of spell gems you use is critical. A Torpor Shaman will have Cannibalize 4, Torpor, Malo, and Turgur's Insects on their spell bar basically all of the time. That is 4/8 spell gems used already. If you want some extra security with Gate, that is 5/8 spell gems used. That means you only have 3 spell gems for roots, DoTs, secondary debuffs like Malosini, utility spells like invisibility, or your DD Ice Spell. JBB gives you one of your better DD spells for free, without using a spell gem or mana. That is a great advantage on any mob that can be hit with a DD ice spell. You just need to know which mobs it can be used on.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

I've made multiple points and posts in this thread why Troll is better than Ogre.
DeathSilkyMist refuses to acknowledge them and is entirely hung up on fsi which is not as good as racial regen for shaman.

He is repeating himself over and over, which doesn't validate what he's saying anymore than when he said it the first time.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/m...osted&t=361266
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 07-05-2020 at 04:04 PM..
Closed Thread