Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Default Too Old To Play What I Want

Is anyone else in this situation? I don't have the time to play what I want to play, so I am a little upset, but I have still come to terms with the fact that I just don't have the time to play what I want to play.

For example: I have always wanted to play a Rogue. The issue with them is that they are highly group dependant and I will be out-leveled by the population of Green quickly due to the amount of playtime I will have.

Due to that, my choice in classes is minimized to the classes that can group and can solo, leaving out some of the more interesting classes in this era of the game.

Anyone else?
Old 10-24-2019, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Green will not all level up in one massive cohort. Within weeks you will see toons in every level range.

Making sure you can both solo and group is always a flexible position to be in. The difference between soloing for slow XP for an hour versus looking for a group for that hour is huge.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green will not all level up in one massive cohort. Within weeks you will see toons in every level range.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

I feel ya -- however, I don't think you should be worried about being "out-leveled." Maybe by the first wave of power gamers/raiders, but I think there will always be people to group with at lower-mid levels, especially in Najena, Uguk, and Blackburrow/CB. Even if it's just the power gamers getting their alts jboots by the time you ding 25 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The thing about groups, though, rings true to me. That limits my class selections for sure, as my life doesn't really allow for more than 45 mins or so of playtime at once.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:09 PM
Kobold

Too old? How old is too old? They have a curfew on video games at the old folks home?
Old 10-24-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think being out-leveled by everyone is going to be a very big issue.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Kobold

Remember Level max is 50, so you will eventually get it by teh time the level gets increased to 60.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polixa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too old? How old is too old? They have a curfew on video games at the old folks home?
Too old as in, I have to be in bed by 10pm to get up at 5am for work.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too old as in, I have to be in bed by 10pm to get up at 5am for work.
You're not too old, you have a life. Glass half empty🙄
Old 10-24-2019, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

I feel ya man!

I am going to only have the energy to play alot Friday and Saturday and a little Sunday, then I am back to my few hours a night max and enjoy the journey to 50 over a long period of time. Several months I am sure. But this time I will have plenty of time before Kunark and then Velious and feel like I am part of the world.

When you start blue awhile after Kunark and every other player is a twink it just feels different. I expect this time to be a completely different thing and not be repetitive at all.
Closed Thread