Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Default Good fix Nilbog, but how about making this playable now?

Bout time on the removal of recharges. I mean, for all its worth, this cheesed the game.

Can we now make this a real server again and unroot the dragons? This isn't working man. Ya killed all the guilds on blue or any small numbers to do things on their own by forcing people to form 100+ man guilds for rooted dragons on a server that has lost 30-40% of its population since its peak. Even if Green wasn't released, it still destroyed many guilds and much of the the community along with it.

This was after going through the foot race era which was equally as terrible. Can we please just go back to basics? Is it really that hard to ask? Or we are custom EQ forever now? With recharges adjusted this needs to be looked at.

I have made my opinion on lists clear (they are equally as terrible for the game), but at the very least, make blue playable first. As an EQ enthusiast, this has become an embarrassment.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

nice demands for a free game, 10/10 would read again my man
Old 04-21-2020, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

First off, let me just say I <3 the fact that that Hyjal organizes open raids, and I'm not trying to pick on him. I also am no fan of monopoly guilds, and I have no specific personal opinion on rooted dragons. But I do have one strongly held belief: the devs should "make the game like it was in 1999-2001".

And that's the crux of the issue: we all know no one was fighting dragons at the zone line in 2001, so no solution that involves "let's go back to unclassically fighting dragons at the zone line" is ever going to fly here. The devs are as likely to reverse it as they are to un-nerf the wands or remove the 25 mob AoE limit.

Whether you're a noob begging for mounts and moon cats, or a seasoned vet whining about about the golden days of P99 raiding, if you're not "for classic" your against what this place is about ... and at least the noobs have the excuse that they don't know better. Every seasoned raider has been here way too long to not see the giant words "Classic EverQuest" in the upper-left corner.

But look, that doesn't mean you have to just accept rooted dragons either! All I'm saying is, if you want to crap on them, then propose something better ... and just going back to unrooted dragons is not better! We all know it will result in unclassic fighting of dragons at zone line, and then we're not playing the same game that people played back in 2001.

If you want to see rooted dragons gone, propose a more classic solution! Don't just complain.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:54 PM
Aviak

A free game that we all love that is supposed to be a classic EQ emu. I promoted folks to donate to p99 during my open raids AND in my shouts at times in East commonlands for years. Tell me something new.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Rooted dragons for all.keep up the good work guys!
Old 04-21-2020, 03:24 PM
Aviak

If you want my honest opinion Loramin, here it is.

1. Unroot the dragons
2. Only 1 toon for each entity allowed in north at a time or DQ
3. Get rid of pet tracking if not already. Ranger/druid/bard + facetrack only (Lokk time!)
4. Ban the use of Earring of Frozen skull or increase the recharge rate dramatically if not done already (I own 2, gulp).
5. Ban the use of Kazumi for group FTE attempts
6. Allow any dragon to be pulled to entrance.
7. Minimal CSR. Determine infractions if time permits or within an acceptable time frame once all evidence is collected. Concedes on the next x4 on the specific dragon in question for infractions. Concede x3 if admitted before a review is conducted by staff.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Classic mechanics are the solution to an unclassic problem.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want my honest opinion Loramin, here it is.

1. Unroot the dragons
2. Only 1 toon for each entity allowed in north at a time or DQ
3. Get rid of pet tracking if not already. Ranger/druid/bard + facetrack only (Lokk time!)
4. Ban the use of Earring of Frozen skull or increase the recharge rate dramatically if not done already (I own 2, gulp).
5. Ban the use of Kazumi for group FTE attempts
7. Minimal CSR. Determine infractions if time permits or within an acceptable time frame once all evidence is collected. Concedes on the next x4 on the specific dragon in question for infractions. Concede x3 if admitted before a review is conducted by staff.
This sounds exactly like classic Everquest was.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Why have classic mechanics on a non classic server. Keep em rooted.
Old 04-21-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
that's the key isn't it.

8. DA idols are no drop, Cleric/Pal only and changed to very rare.

The guys who remember EQ raiding for that one specific zone involving groups crawling have had their fun for sometime. Now might be the time to consider returning it to the way other people remember classic TOV, which is zone pulling the dragons there.

You can search the forum, iirc plenty of screenshots have been provided proving it was done. It really doesn't matter though and no sarcasm when I say you can pull a lion to Karana bridge because you can.

Grats
Closed Thread