Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM
Kobold

On my server people used to /auction selling 3 bags of stuff at T2 and they would put the bags in your trade window and you'd go through them and be disappointed 9 times out of 10.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroPonics [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People getting butthurt over you not asking to inspect them first. Remember some of the people would walk backwards intentionally to close you're inspection window, then send you a tell, telling you to ASK first?

This has never happened to me in Project1999.

I never thought it was a big deal in classic, and i don't now. Thats why i laugh
when people ask to inspect me. This isn't classic Everquest, bro.

Then and now I always found it strange when people ask to inspect me. I don't care at all. 'Mire all you want, babes.

With that said I will inspect you hard without shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahlaeRuffian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my server people used to /auction selling 3 bags of stuff at T2 and they would put the bags in your trade window and you'd go through them and be disappointed 9 times out of 10.
I was so guilty of this in 2000.

The one thing we will never get back from EQLive was the sense of wonder. What the hell kind of sword is that?!?! /t guy hey man can you tell me the stats on that insane looking weapon?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

It was an age of innocence in a sense, not just for online interactions but more generally where gaming was concerned.

Genuinely I was lost in Neriak the first time I played a dark elf to the point where it really took me over an hour to get out of the city. Running from Felwithe to Kelethin seemed like a MASSIVE undertaking, following the path at night, hoping not to see any orc pawns on the way.

You don't get that anymore... not with this game or any other game you play. If I'm doing the mail delivery quest in Gfay now, I just run out of Felwithe and go north-east to the newbie lift and run back without even thinking about the path.

Great times we'll never get back. Before trolling the internet became popular and the WoW kids were still too young to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was an age of innocence in a sense, not just for online interactions but more generally where gaming was concerned.

Genuinely I was lost in Neriak the first time I played a dark elf to the point where it really took me over an hour to get out of the city. Running from Felwithe to Kelethin seemed like a MASSIVE undertaking, following the path at night, hoping not to see any orc pawns on the way.

You don't get that anymore... not with this game or any other game you play. If I'm doing the mail delivery quest in Gfay now, I just run out of Felwithe and go north-east to the newbie lift and run back without even thinking about the path.

Great times we'll never get back. Before trolling the internet became popular and the WoW kids were still too young to play [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't agree with you more here.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This brought back the memory of seeing kelethin for the first time. *sigh*
Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroPonics [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People getting butthurt over you not asking to inspect them first. Remember some of the people would walk backwards intentionally to close you're inspection window, then send you a tell, telling you to ASK first?

I never thought it was a big deal in classic, and i don't now. Thats why i laugh
Those are the people I would give inspect-spam from hell and would intentionally follow them around and irritate them for it, open trade windows during annoying times, etc. I was like 15 at the time, so I was pretty relentless.

What the hell, do you want me to ask permission to look at your toon as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

100 man naggy/vox raids. basically giant pick up raids. even in PoP there were giant pick up raids, not much of that on here.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

This still happens.

Edit: Ding Planar Protector !
Old 01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are the people I would give inspect-spam from hell and would intentionally follow them around and irritate them for it, open trade windows during annoying times, etc. I was like 15 at the time, so I was pretty relentless.

What the hell, do you want me to ask permission to look at your toon as well?
To this day I still ask if I want to inspect someone, mainly because it was the polite thing to do in live. I don't mind asking because i may inspect someone once every month or two. But that was just how it worked back on live. Shit's classic
Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

On 7th Hammer I dont recollect much of this whatsoever.

I really cannot understand why people think that it would be rude if its a one-time inspect. The only time I would think it would be an issue possibly is if a newer or under-geared player might feel they'd be to blame for a group's under-performance? Even then however, I've never yet to see a group where anyone would appear to make that an issue, as especially at lower levels theres generally a decked out twink making up for it, a higher level assisting in some way, or just the general higher skill players on this server may have for this content.

Personally I don't give a crap if someone inspects me. Don't act like I just woke up the sleeper on your EQMac server if I do it to you, children are starving in Africa and you're mad because I wanted to know what your gear is.