Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-21-2019, 11:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiriom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still crashing in Freeport with the new file, will add that I never bothered uninstalling EQ HD or the 4x character textures, figured yours would be replacing all of those files, should I fresh install everything? I know you said not to put in main install but I'm a rebel, also I fixed the bard spell effect by deleting my spell folder and recopying it so no issue there, different spell colors could be pretty cool, especially for ones that share the same color and effect but are totally different spells. Do you think the crashing could be a memory thing with the old client? I have the shortcut running in xp compatibility mode which fixed a crash I was getting after first installing
Did you delete the two load files in resource?
Old 11-21-2019, 11:08 PM
Large Bat

I tried it with the old file and still got crashes so I put them back, I did not try with this new one, I'll try that and report back
Old 11-21-2019, 11:41 PM
Large Bat

Deleting the load screens didn't help, again only crashing in city zones so far
Old 11-21-2019, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiriom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deleting the load screens didn't help, again only crashing in city zones so far
Damn, I've read a lot about people have crashing issues. I would highly suggest trying your original folder you copied it from, since that was in my instructions and see if you crash. If you DO crash, I would make sure your refresh rates are the same in your video drives.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Large Bat

Ok will do, just as a test I reinstalled the 4x character textures and didn't crash in freeport anymore so fairly sure its that

Edit, Ok so what I noticed is that 4x character textures replaces 2 of the original install files, I went back and replaced just those two from the original install files then installed your single file and did not crash, so seems like anyone wanting these textures for the characters needs to replace the 4x character files if they have it installed, also using 4x characters with your environment files worked fine.

One other thing I noticed is that the entrance to Najena still has old textures, zoned inside and it was fine, its just that initial entrance hallway, not a huge deal just something I saw =) Ty for all the work you are doing and will do with this
Last edited by Tiriom; 11-22-2019 at 12:32 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 12:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Ok will do, just as a test I reinstalled the 4x character textures and didn't crash in freeport anymore so fairly sure its that

Edit, Ok so what I noticed is that 4x character textures replaces 2 of the original install files, I went back and replaced just those two from the original install files then installed your single file and did not crash, so seems like anyone wanting these textures for the characters needs to replace the 4x character files if they have it installed, also using 4x characters with your environment files worked fine.

One other thing I noticed is that the entrance to Najena still has old textures, zoned inside and it was fine, its just that initial entrance hallway, not a huge deal just something I saw =) Ty for all the work you are doing and will do with this
Perfect, this is exactly what I need. Thank you for testing it!
Old 11-22-2019, 04:56 AM
Large Bat

So after my last post I still got some crashing and after much trial and error I think I found the culprit files.

You need to take a look at gequip.s3d and gequip2.s3d which seem to be the weapon files. I've gone back and forth installing and uninstalling EQclassicHD files and eventually did them one by one with your character files installed until I got a crash. Right now I am using all of your files except these two and I get no crashing, I didn't just try once, I zoned probably 15 times where before I was crashing every single time so I think these are it, I'm not sure if its one or both I'll see if I can narrow it further

Edit, ok narrowed it down to the single file, as soon as I copied your gequip.s3d I got a crash the first try, gequip2.s3d worked just fine, zoned 10 times with no crash with that one.

No idea what it could be but gequip.s3d is causing crashes for me, and maybe many others? Hopefully you can look at it tomorrow =)
Last edited by Tiriom; 11-22-2019 at 05:08 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 06:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
So after my last post I still got some crashing and after much trial and error I think I found the culprit files.

You need to take a look at gequip.s3d and gequip2.s3d which seem to be the weapon files. I've gone back and forth installing and uninstalling EQclassicHD files and eventually did them one by one with your character files installed until I got a crash. Right now I am using all of your files except these two and I get no crashing, I didn't just try once, I zoned probably 15 times where before I was crashing every single time so I think these are it, I'm not sure if its one or both I'll see if I can narrow it further

Edit, ok narrowed it down to the single file, as soon as I copied your gequip.s3d I got a crash the first try, gequip2.s3d worked just fine, zoned 10 times with no crash with that one.

No idea what it could be but gequip.s3d is causing crashes for me, and maybe many others? Hopefully you can look at it tomorrow =)
I will get these fixed today as soon as possible.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Kobold

Last edited by Tkon; 11-22-2019 at 08:49 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Kobold