Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 11:09 PM
Kobold

Default Back after 7 years

I’ve got a 58 troll warrior that I played 7 years ago.

I’ve put a couple hours in lately and I’m feeling a little bit more than rusty.

It’s almost like a whole giant expansion that I’ve never played before went live while I was gone...

That and the server seems a lot more popular than when I left it.

I used to go to SolA to grind pp... it was basically empty. Now I go in there and there’s like multiple groups actually leveling.

Does anyone have any tips on where I can go to solo stuff for plat, be able to vendor, and maybe even bank (god forbid)?

I’ve done sone reading now and so far I’ve bought one of those Frost something axes, a couple Valium jacinth rings, and ran myself out to the great divide port to pickup the key thingy.

I get that there’s these portal keys, but are there any other important keys or items I need to get around (like Ive got an OT hammer and keys for Seb and HS)?

I’ve also hooked back up with my old guild... we used to be in like class JV or something and would go after targets on a server wide rotation. The only thing like that now that I can tell now is for Sky.

And since I’ve joined a discord, uh I’m starting to feel inadequate. I don’t recognize the new zone abbreviations, or the targets. And, like I mentioned earlier, I don’t think I’m equipped to even try attending anything yet.

Can anyone give me a sorta overview of how the raid scene has changed since velious?

Any tips or advice would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 06-15-2019, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Plug your nose and dive in is your best bet.

for plat on a warrior your best bet is finding a group doing good loot mobs and hope you get lucky. Alternatively some relatively weak mob that drops a rare item worth a chunk of plat, Goblin gazugi(?) ring, for instance.
Old 06-15-2019, 02:53 AM
Planar Protector

As long as you arent the poor sucker stuck tracking the awful 16 hour windows the velious raids are quite fun. Earthquakes most fun though for sure. Welcome back!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-15-2019, 03:00 AM
Kobold

Welcome back buddy. Honestly, if it's been that long I would recommend starting up a new character to relearn the ropes and then hop over to your old char when you feel ready. Good luck
Old 06-18-2019, 05:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sguchi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back buddy. Honestly, if it's been that long I would recommend starting up a new character to relearn the ropes and then hop over to your old char when you feel ready. Good luck
Good advice

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 06-18-2019, 08:26 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Welcome back! I'm in a similar boat, although it has only been about three years for me.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 06-18-2019, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Can always wait for Green99 in October. I stopped playing on P99 about 5ish years ago.
Looking forward to Green99.
Closed Thread