Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Skeleton

I paid for WinEQ2. Great product but I still crashed (see “soft ld”) in full screen emulation mode. The full screen emulation is fantastic if I was able to cast after X amount of time.

I wouldn’t recommend trying full rez / screen until the next patch.
Last edited by infoMaleick; 11-09-2019 at 05:58 PM..
Old 11-09-2019, 07:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ensure that the “Run as Administrator” box is ticked on the eqgame.exe
-- Done
Move your EQ folder to your User or Public folder.
-- Done. Moved to public folder and rechecked run as admin.

Still having zone issues. Some zones super fast, others require multiple restarts.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Skeleton

Last thing I can suggest (Rogean posted somewhere?) to turn off Texture Cacheing.

If your familiar with the eqclient.ini then you can do it from the options menu before you load up to server select.

After that I am out of ideas. I experienced all of the same issues but mine have all been fixed.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

did you put your install in c:\everquest I remember being told that if you put in programfilesx86 or x64 it might cause problem.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

My original install was under main c drive. Not directly under c:everquest, but that might've been the problem.

I moved it to public folder.
Seriously, thank you infoMaleick for all your help.

I can't say definitely whether the last changes have fixed the zone crashing, but in the last hour so zoning, it has been fine. I'll update later and also try texture caching if the issue remains.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi, I'm back after a week or so of not playing. I once again have issues zoning. Staying in a zone and staying connected is resolved though.

I believe the only longterm fix is to uncheck and recheck everything.
This is really disheartening. To reiterate, I have done the following just now:

-- Ensured that compatibility mode is set to windows service pack 3 for eqgame.exe
-- Ensured that "start /affinity 1 eqgame patchme" is the text in the Launch Titanium.bat file
-- Checked that folder installation is not under a personal user. My installation is under: C:\Users\Public\everquest_p99_green3
-- Checked that eqgame.exe is ran as administrator with admin checkbox on.

-- I do not alt tab to other windows when playing the game. Especially when zoning, I make sure that eq is the activewindow.

-- I have checked that TextureCache=False in the eqclient.ini. I have been having issues with this currently off. I am turning it on to see if it helps.

-- I am updating VideoMode options in the eqclient.ini to width:1600, height:900, along with same dimensions for remaining video mode settings: WidthWindowed, HeightWindowed, WindowWidth, and WindowHeight. Not sure if that matters.

Other Notes: I am using Windows 10.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:53 PM
Skeleton

The only cause I know of would be that the eqgame.exe can’t access the files.

Try moving the folder to your user directory. That wouldn’t really make sense. But mine is in C:\Users\Maleick\Everquest\
Old 11-22-2019, 12:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

My crashes while zoning seem to be related to internet connection mostly. Recent weather started killing my connection to the point I get about 2mbps down and the normal 20 up (instead of 50/20), and that seems to kill it. Plugged in my phone as a tether and even though that only gets 6-7mbps down, and 5 up, it's still much more consistent in loading zones...

crazy considering EQ hardly uses any bandwidth...
Old 11-22-2019, 11:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My crashes while zoning seem to be related to internet connection mostly. Recent weather started killing my connection to the point I get about 2mbps down and the normal 20 up (instead of 50/20), and that seems to kill it. Plugged in my phone as a tether and even though that only gets 6-7mbps down, and 5 up, it's still much more consistent in loading zones...

crazy considering EQ hardly uses any bandwidth...
I live very rurally and have janky internet so I am well acquainted with this also. Even though EQ doesn't use any data it is very sensitive to internet speed and quality. I have about 10 down and 1 up where I live and if someone in the house is streaming I will hang while zoning and have random trouble logging in (No servers at server select, no chars at char select, time out errors and other random errors)

Even though once in game I have 100ish ping and no play lag at all, its just zoning/loading the game.

The question for Kenshi would be if they have problems getting through server select/char select/zoned in initially sometimes. That would indicate that the zone crashing is likely related to internet quality.