Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Orc

Ever frost actually has a good curve from 1-20 if you feel like staying close to Halas. Goblin beads will get you some good exp early on.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldgmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever frost actually has a good curve from 1-20 if you feel like staying close to Halas. Goblin beads will get you some good exp early on.
And polar bear skins for Cindl, and of course gnoll fangs (although those are better saved to turn-in in Qeynos, as you get more XP for them). Also if you want to work on tailoring there's the gnoll fur patches, but you need I think 64 (IF you don't have any failures) to complete that quest.

The nostalgia of remembering all that almost makes me want to start a new Barbarian ... almost.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Cindl will give you a random piece of tattered armor for a polar bear skin or you can save them and sell them for 30pp each in EC to people who make the: https://wiki.project1999.com/Leather...aider_Skullcap.

Rather than worry about the starting area which is a short term issue, you may want to think more about racial benefits. Most min/maxers for end game pick Barbarian as the worst choice behind Ogre, Troll and Iksar. Mine is Barbarian as that's what I had back in live. The benefit of Barbarian is you aren't kos everywhere in the beginning and you level faster (the other races get larger racial penalties). Once you get to Velious, everyone starts non-kos with Thurgadin so it's not as big a deal as it was pre-expansion.

Some call Ogre's frontal stun immunity as the best racial asset while others call it meh. Innate regen is hard to pass up. Troll gets that, can use a JBB (Iksar can't) and can do a snare necklace quest. Iksar get regen and higher AC but have more limited armor choices and are hated everywhere but their starting city until Velious.
Old 10-17-2018, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cindl will give you a random piece of tattered armor for a polar bear skin or you can save them and sell them for 30pp each in EC to people who make the: https://wiki.project1999.com/Leather...aider_Skullcap.

Rather than worry about the starting area which is a short term issue, you may want to think more about racial benefits. Most min/maxers for end game pick Barbarian as the worst choice behind Ogre, Troll and Iksar. Mine is Barbarian as that's what I had back in live. The benefit of Barbarian is you aren't kos everywhere in the beginning and you level faster (the other races get larger racial penalties). Once you get to Velious, everyone starts non-kos with Thurgadin so it's not as big a deal as it was pre-expansion.

Some call Ogre's frontal stun immunity as the best racial asset while others call it meh. Innate regen is hard to pass up. Troll gets that, can use a JBB (Iksar can't) and can do a snare necklace quest. Iksar get regen and higher AC but have more limited armor choices and are hated everywhere but their starting city until Velious.
Pay no attention to this man (except the bit about WC caps, he's right on those).

There is no need to consider your race further: you've already chosen Barbarian, the correct choice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:09 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basicbrute [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is halas area a baron wasteland ? Do groups goto blackburrow still?
Not only is the Halas area devoid of barons but I don't remember seeing any members of the Norrathian aristocracy in the area when I have leveled several characters in the Qeynos & Halas area. Sorry! 😓😥
Old 10-18-2018, 03:03 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pay no attention to this man (except the bit about WC caps, he's right on those).

There is no need to consider your race further: you've already chosen Barbarian, the correct choice! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Sigh* I have to agree very heartily with young Loramin this time! Barbarian is def the master race for barbarian even though min/maxers will usually say they are the worst. You cannot go wrong with any good shaman played & geared well...but you can go wrong aesthetically if you don't play a barbarian. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-18-2018, 08:24 AM
Kobold

I'm pretty sure that tiny Ogre is the best looking race in the game, and since Shamans are the ones that shrink...
Old 10-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And polar bear skins for Cindl, and of course gnoll fangs (although those are better saved to turn-in in Qeynos, as you get more XP for them). Also if you want to work on tailoring there's the gnoll fur patches, but you need I think 64 (IF you don't have any failures) to complete that quest.

The nostalgia of remembering all that almost makes me want to start a new Barbarian ... almost.
I made the mistake of turning in 80 fangs in Halas once upon a time. Such regret.
Closed Thread