Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 01:21 AM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure Dagner http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]agner

is better geared than xasten. (ah its close, i see xasten just hasnt updated his profile)
Last edited by cyryllis; 04-26-2014 at 01:25 AM..
Old 05-04-2014, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Beta buff bard is pretty much useless because it only comes with one bag and no resist gear sets, just what he's wearing. Pretty sure my bard with mediocre gear and a few Velious items beats his pants off even with his full VP stuff, a lot of which doesn't really do hardly anything for his effectiveness. Also, beta copied with Sow sword instead of the 10 resist all sword? Really?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beta buff bard is pretty much useless because it only comes with one bag and no resist gear sets, just what he's wearing. Pretty sure my bard with mediocre gear and a few Velious items beats his pants off even with his full VP stuff, a lot of which doesn't really do hardly anything for his effectiveness. Also, beta copied with Sow sword instead of the 10 resist all sword? Really?
Wouldn't "The bard beta copy is missing the instruments and other items/resist gear that are usually kept in bags and required for proper bard awesomeness testing." Have sufficed? Really? I'm pretty sure a lot went into making beta copies possible and this isn't cause for such a laced post.

Also, items in bank are carried over. So you can bring the mediocre gear too. This scenario is why it was set up like that.
Last edited by Alunova; 05-04-2014 at 01:12 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alunova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't "The bard beta copy is missing the instruments and other items/resist gear that are usually kept in bags and required for proper bard awesomeness testing." Have sufficed? Really? I'm pretty sure a lot went into making beta copies possible and this isn't cause for such a laced post.

Also, items in bank are carried over. So you can bring the mediocre gear too. This scenario is why it was set up like that.
It probably would have been more helpful, but the betabuff bard is missing so much I didn't want to make a laundry list of everything it doesn't have (no katana of flowing water for resist offhand, no resist gear, no resist potions, no bladestopper, no lockpicks, no bracer of the hidden, no fatesealer for hp offhand, no vp proc rot weapons for impromptu agro tanking). The betabuff shaman also lacks both a PE hammer and a reclaim clickie, and is itemized pretty poorly. Friend did it on his shaman and lost 500 or so hp for only a moderate wisdom gain, which isn't really a good trade off on a shaman imo.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

You get more bees with honey.

"Living my life 6 seconds at a time." - Unknown
Old 05-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah should switch the enchanter buff to Dagner instead of Xasten. No BCG, no cloak period except Cryrosilk.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Well, if its a direct copy then Dagner should be used. I listed all the BIS gear several pages back to construct the absolute best under the assumption that my gear would be swapped for what was listed. I have no bcg ATM, but I am wearing a hiero cloak. Just check the bags. The difference between Dagner and I is mostly the bcg, cloak, and crown of Rile.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Banned

impromptu bard tanking based off of a proc weapon? is this guy high?

laughing so fucking hard at those posts atm
Old 05-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well, if its a direct copy then Dagner should be used. I listed all the BIS gear several pages back to construct the absolute best under the assumption that my gear would be swapped for what was listed. I have no bcg ATM, but I am wearing a hiero cloak. Just check the bags. The difference between Dagner and I is mostly the bcg, cloak, and crown of Rile.
No Hiero cloak equipped or in bags - after the beta buff you have Spectral Shroud equipped, with only other cloak in bags is Cryosilk.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-04-2014, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Hiero cloak equipped or in bags - after the beta buff you have Spectral Shroud equipped, with only other cloak in bags is Cryosilk.
They must've copied me when I was buffed for Trak. I had all my PR gear on, but I never banked my hiero.

Weird.
Closed Thread