Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 12:49 AM
Kobold

Back in 1999, computers could handle AoE chardok pulls like today? Back then I didn't even know AoE chardok was possible, hence why I'm asking.

Maybe it was possible to chain chanter stuns, but could the computers handle that many mobs? That's what I'd like to know...
Old 12-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Aviak

This is good news. Now those nerds have to play honestly and real chardok groups can start up again.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back in 1999, computers could handle AoE chardok pulls like today? Back then I didn't even know AoE chardok was possible, hence why I'm asking.

I could maybe have been possible to chain chanter stuns, but could the computers handle that many mobs? That's what I'd like to know...
Only thing I remember people AEing back in the day was Sebilis and it wasn't nearly as many mobs as they do now in Chardok
Old 12-03-2014, 12:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only thing I remember people AEing back in the day was Sebilis and it wasn't nearly as many mobs as they do now in Chardok
Maybe that's why they've nerfed it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
real chardok groups can start up again.
Even on live no one "group" exped in Chardok. It was empty 24/7, at least on Tarew Marr. The zone is simply boring and the best drops are in Seb.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone is AEing in Chardok it's not affecting you.
This assumes that chardok AE groups have zero negative impact on the high end scene of the server (read: mass producing level 60's at rates unheard of in kunark era). I personally think it does actively affect the rest of the players on the server, at least any who already or plan to eventually participate in high end content. Guilds having access to fully geared level 60's in these numbers fundamentally changes the way the high end game is played.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:11 AM
Orc

I remember grouping stuff on Lanys, but yeah it was almost always a ghost town.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Sarnak

While chardok AE might not have been popular back around this era on live, plenty of other ae grouping was done and this unintentional mishap will be corrected by Haynar like he said, putting stuns back to classic functionality.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This assumes that chardok AE groups have zero negative impact on the high end scene of the server (read: mass producing level 60's at rates unheard of in kunark era). I personally think it does actively affect the rest of the players on the server, at least any who already or plan to eventually participate in high end content. Guilds having access to fully geared level 60's in these numbers fundamentally changes the way the high end game is played.
This guy gets it. Chardok sucks balls as a zone in general but just because it would be empty without AoE groups doesn't mean it doesn't have a negative impact on the server.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Fire Giant

Any idea if this is effecting only the enchanter stuns since they are in what would be the same possible line of spells?

Cleric and paladin stuns specifically? I've yet to get a chance to simply walk out and try it before bedtime yet.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Closed Thread