Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 03:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live I was that level casting arch of arrows for like 20k damage on sitting casters on zek but I dont remember it being this easy I think that's because I went to seal training camp here though.
You're in ST? Gross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
You are #1 most toxic.
Old 06-02-2021, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK about all that, it's really hard to compare this to P99

On P99 Green during classic to get through level 45 you got a case of beer and spent 30 hours at Kobold Royals waiting 20 minutes at a time for more mobs to spawn. On TLP at level 45 you sit at BNB, pull all of Kobold Royals, clear all of BNB, and start pulling Imps and Fire Giants. All at once. This is the actual standard. I find myself constantly OOM and hoping no one notices that I let Resist Magic run off the tank and that he might get stunned by a Sonic bat and wipe. I just don't have the mana to re-buff, but if we stop to med we may lose a mob to a competing group.

Is this easier? IMHO no. Not even close. Me and my tanks regularly die. I don't think I've ever died at Kobold Royals son P99.

Now you could make the argument that you can just buy Krono, and that is true, but again, there are two types of players in this world. People who buy Krono, and those of us who do not need to. I did the math on it this morning and realized I'm making about as much money playing EverQuest as I make crypto mining.
I remember playing in 2000 on my Gateway. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't recognize anything here besides that. It's all social media and weirdness at this point.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember playing in 2000 on my Gateway. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't recognize anything here besides that. It's all social media and weirdness at this point.
There's so many things about real EverQuest that will never be replicated, likely in any other game, unless they find a way to prioritize socializing as much as grinding.

I remember playing EverQuest for years and my goal was never "let me log in and grind as much exp as humanly possible for the next 8 hours." I logged on and went in adventures, found other players to hang out with, no one knew anything, so you would see groups set up in the weirdest places, and Qeynos felt like a real social hub.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet51 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're in ST? Gross.
They're talented, fun, driven people. Why is that gross?
Old 06-02-2021, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're talented, fun, driven people. Why is that gross?
They were usually the least toxic people on P99 in my experience.

People have no idea how terrible the P99 experience would actually be if Black Lotus or Kingdom ran the show
Old 06-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

All I can say is thank god for TLP as containment server for recondojoe
Old 06-02-2021, 07:44 PM
Banned

I was probably the most positive member on P99 realistically. I spent the last month on the game power leveling complete strangers because there was nothing else to do. I can honestly say I never sold a single item. I gave Thick Banded Belts away to new players when they were a $5,000 platinum item and highly sought after because it was one of the only items a Level 50 Cleric could camp. Teleported and ran many great distances to resurrect complete strangers -- never once took a "tip." This is the type of person I am by default.

My "bad reputation" literally stems from me calling out how toxic Black Lotus and key members of Kingdom (Jumjumshot, Caroll anyone?) publicly. Something that everyone else lacks the moral character and backbone to do. Everyone else just hates in silence, complaining in whispers. Not me. I'm not that kind of guy. I consider what I do to be a public service.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

I kept my binder for years, it was a cloth zip up one and all the maps were in plastic sleeves. Kinda wish I'd kept it now even if it seems pointless with the EQAtlas all being uploaded to the wiki.

It annoys me when people sometimes edit shit into the old EQAtlas flavor text zone descriptions. I guess many don't know that its a piece of history or understand the appeal of that sort of description, they just want raw details like most modern MMO's.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I've ever died at Kobold Royals son P99.
That just shows you weren't playing during the Abacab/Raren era of P99.
Closed Thread