Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-08-2022, 01:28 PM
Skeleton

Question Help! Client Crashes when loading Befallen +Mistmoore

Hello! I tried to zone into Befallen this morning to help a lowbie with a CR on my bard, Ryuusei. After attempting to zone in, my client crashed to desktop. I tried multiple times to log back in and it fails to load and crashes to desktop.

I attempted to fix it by googling, and it says that zone files for some zones from Titanium apparently are too new compared to P99 server zone files? I had a guildmate send me Mistmoore and Befallen files, but no luck. Still crashes to zone.

Do you know how I can fix this? I've tried full re-installs with no luck on my desktop computer and laptop. Would really love to use those zones again.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Try installing from other source media. If you're not sure how, this guy's video may help:

-Mcoy
Old 12-12-2022, 11:23 AM
Aviak

This also could be character specific, have you tried going to either zone with another character on your account if possible?

If not you can go to your p1999 folder and find the 2 files for your user

character_(server).ini
ui_character_(server).ini

cut and paste those files to a new location temporarily then try to load in. I think its normally UI file thats the problem - chat screen sizes can crash if it cant display text.
Old 12-15-2022, 03:25 PM
Large Rat

I am currently having the same problem with EC, so first off, it could be worse!

It is not character specific for me, I made a new character and ran him to EC and experienced the crash, also I had an alt parked in EC that is inaccessible now.
Old 12-15-2022, 04:00 PM
Large Rat

Update: Got the game files for EC from a guildy, replaced them in the folder, and I have EC back!