Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone, if ya have ever been curious about red, even in the least. I would just like to remind you that it is totally legal to play both at the same time. The best part of course being that you dramatically reduce the actual amount of "down time" during the time you have to play. Win/Win

See ya there
No one cares, no one has the other 100 times this thread has been started. We know we can play both, thanks but no thanks.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

I tried red after reading about it when I only played blue. This might be a shocker, but the vast majority of the world are not sharing the exact thoughts you have in your head. Let that sink in.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

main reasons why people don't play red is the same reason why I've stopped playing red.

The playerbase.

Mind you, I was only low level, never had a chance to be corpse camped or anything like that because I was near qeynos. The reason why I quit is because of the horrible folks in OOC.

'blah blah turn on filter'

it's painfully obvious when disgusting people are saying disgusting things even if the curse words are D*SFN!' and when someone makes a truly tasteless comment denigrating anything from women, to the Jewish people (which, by the way, is rampant on the server and the forums yet no one says anything? ) it just makes you sick to have to deal with it.

'well don't be stupid /ignore'

Congratulations, you have ignored 3/4 of the server, and the rest don't talk so now you are truly alone... might as well just play soloquest on another server.

I'm not specifically blaming you sirken, or any of the other guides.. you guys do a heroic job with the staff you have and the handicaps you're given.

But seriously, why would anyone want to leave a relatively mature and adult server like blue to play on red and see 'HURF DERF FUK DEM JEWZ DAY DID 9-11' 'HE PK'D ME HIM OBESE IRL' 'HAY HAVE YOU GUYZ SEEN (name of random movie or tv show) [spammed 100 times]' '(insert horrible, graphic, and disgusting discription of homosexual act here)' 'sexism, racism, sexism, racism'

TL : DR Red needs OOC moderated and people who do say the horrible things they do on there need to be temp/permabanned.

Just my 2cp after a week of playing on red.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Banned

ooc SUX but you better not be hatin on lethal weapon and/or lethal weapon 2 and/or lethal weapon 3 and/or lethal weapon 4 and/or lethal weapon 5 and/or beverly hills cop
Old 08-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if ur too soft to even handle anonymous text on the internet, u probably shouldnt be on the internet.

u probably wouldnt have even made it past your first pvp death if some green writing makes u rage quit.

Are pvpers suppose to talk about rainbows and kittens or something? its far more competitive by nature than blue, reds are killing eachother not just drolvargs and orcs, its a smaller community where everyone has played with the same people for the last 2 years through all different types of server drama.

cry
You can taunt and provoke your opponents without using excessively vulgar language. The way you speak directly reflects your level of maturity and intelligence. It is pretty obvious who is a working professional and who is a young 20 year old kid living at home with no direction in their life.

We all know the world is an ugly place, it would be nice to do something we enjoy like EQ without having to look the ugliness.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhutton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would not go anon if I actively wanted to PvP.
There's times where people take off the /anon tag and state it in ooc... you probably never logged in for more than 5 minutes to see it though.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
main reasons why people don't play red is the same reason why I've stopped playing red.

The playerbase.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

now swish, don't get me wrong. There are some insanely awesome people on Red server, how they manage to stay there without going insane at the sheer level of immaturity I will never know.

For example:

Everyone in <serenity> has been nothing but amazing to me, even if they aren't full 60 in planar gear they go out of their way to help me out.

poopo dropped in out of no where, asked if I was an int caster, then gifted me with an advisor robe and ran off without any expectation of thanks.

Nizzar did something similar (i think his name was nizzar)

Tune listened to each and every one of my bard related questions patiently and gave me the best answer he possibly could.

Same with Bulletproofx, even when the questions weren't about his class and the wiki was down he took the time to talk theorycraft with me.

then there was a guy named dexa.. something (i forget) who actively went on /ooc to offer ports and his own money to help new players all free of charge.

How do i know all these folks by name? because out of a week of complete garbage on ooc (or silence having turned ooc off and being like the man on the moon) these people helped me. they were the exception to the rule, and if they weren't there the server would probably have even less new players.

again just my 2cp, but I don't want people to think I'm just dumping on the server without giving it good points.

Plus, those that are actually helpful to others deserve some recognition.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sorry, title is kind of misleading. I threw in "two box" to be dramatic and get hits. No one forcing ya here, try red if ya want during your down time. ya never know. you just might have some fun.
Necro's don't have downtime. What else yah got?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro's don't have downtime. What else yah got?
People who play necros often think they are some kind of bad ass. Prove it?