Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-31-2018, 02:08 AM
Kobold

Send a message via AIM to Menobank Send a message via Yahoo to Menobank
Default Text folding

As the title says it looks like the text is folded. My g/f is playing on a laptop and for some reason the text all looks folded and she has to move the box or scroll chat up or down in order to read what is being said in 2 places on the chat window. We have tried moving the windows but it still happens. I am unsure if this is the UI or some setting i am unaware of. I will attach a picture of what is going on if need be maybe someone can help us out its very annoying and she is New to eq....
Old 03-31-2018, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

This is an issue with windowed mode when the window is larger than the screen, I had this problem with two monitors and the window would overhang slighty to the other. In the eqclient.ini file change the resolution to something like 30px less, just play with a couple numbers so the whole game screen fits inside the area of the display. Warning, this resets the UI so you have to move your chat boxes back to how you want them and the rest of the UI elements.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:44 PM
Kobold

it has lessened i guess i'll keep shrinking it slowly but shortly anyone have any idea how the size goes
Old 03-31-2018, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

What's the native resolution? I think I dropped them both by 50, I have a new monitor so I don't have to use that trick these days.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Kobold

Try Windowed Borderless Gaming.
http://westechsolutions.net/sites/Wi...derlessGaming/
Old 03-31-2018, 10:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
will try this see if it helps laptop is giving me issues lol
Old 04-01-2018, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

I tried that in the past, it doesn't play nice with the game. Your clicks don't register where you clicked in game.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the native resolution? I think I dropped them both by 50, I have a new monitor so I don't have to use that trick these days.
native is 1366x768....im using wineq2 if that helps (makes game run alot smoother on laptop) but cant seem to get it to shink any... not sure what im doing wrong
Old 04-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

It's the same for me, EQ windowed doesn't size itself properly and compresses itself a bit vertically. So you lose some rows of pixels, two of which are across my chat windows.

I've learned to live with it because I can still read the text, but you might be able to manually adjust your settings in your ini file to stretch it back out.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried that in the past, it doesn't play nice with the game. Your clicks don't register where you clicked in game.
That only happens with some computers. There is an add-on for Windowed borderless gaming called DXWnd that fixes it completely. The initial set up takes a few mins but after that you just Start WBG>right click WBG icon>click RunDXWND>load EQ. WBG is great once you get that fixed, superior to WinEQ2 in ever way imo.