Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Default Reserved blue server names for green

As green progresses I've found myself making a couple of characters for "later" - and before it launched I made sure I logged my main blue characters in to keep their names for their green counterparts.

Just went through a few names I had on blue and their names aren't available on green.

Did merging teal into green screw this process up?
Old 05-12-2020, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Man [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As green progresses I've found myself making a couple of characters for "later" - and before it launched I made sure I logged my main blue characters in to keep their names for their green counterparts.

Just went through a few names I had on blue and their names aren't available on green.

Did merging teal into green screw this process up?
As in someone was logged in currently with that name on green or you just couldn't make a character on green with that name?

Unless I'm misunderstanding isn't that the expected behavior? You've reserved the name on blue, since Green will be merged into blue you can't use that name on green anymore? Or did you delete those characters from blue to release their names?
Old 05-12-2020, 05:36 PM
Fire Giant

Some bug happened when Green was first launched for maybe a couple hours? For that small amount of time people could create names on Green that were on blue. It happened to me with the name Boss. I petitioned and the gm said he would let me have it but he also told me the player using name was active, so I elected to not take it back. If the person with name had just been a lvl 1 who hadn’t been played since they created it, I would have taken it back.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Kobold

Also it has to be on the same account or it won’t let you use obviously.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

my druid on blue with the same name as my druid on green
Old 05-21-2020, 10:04 PM
Orc

I suffer from alt-itis and I've been playing a lot of characters that have the same name on Green and Blue. I'm thinking that when/if they merge you'll have either hidden characters with the same name or one will have an X added on the end. I was about to really invest some time on a Green character that had the same name as my raid geared character on Blue but I stopped myself to avoid any future issues. I also spent some time deleting characters on Blue and Green so I only have a max of 8 characters per account. There were many unfortunate mid 20's characters that died that day. Maybe this is an overreaction and the merge will never happen. Who knows.
Closed Thread