Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

I raid all the time, which to me is hell lot of fun. Bc I get to raid with tons of really kool people, I've met and became friends with. Heck even still friends with those that left us, I play d3 with some of them. Plus I once in blue moon get some friends together and roll lowbie toons and level(nothing more fun then this totally when drinking late night).
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-14-2020, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't played since green launch, I guess I couldn't stomach true classic! I was wondering if pop had skyrocketed due to Corona.
Certainly risen; not sure if "skyrocket" is the word.

Red is still dead.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2020, 07:08 PM
Banned

we should have teal open
its a must
some zones are just bombed
Old 05-15-2020, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we should have teal open
its a must
some zones are just bombed
And all those popular zones and camps will still be fully camped on the other server. This was the case when Teal existed (many of you just weren’t sufficient level for those more popular high level camps and zones, so for you it was all roses).
Old 05-15-2020, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And all those popular zones and camps will still be fully camped on the other server. This was the case when Teal existed (many of you just weren’t sufficient level for those more popular high level camps and zones, so for you it was all roses).
Not just popular zones, like every zone, any time of the day now...it's mostly due to the nature of Green's class make-up (mostly necros/encs/mages vs classic server make-up). Rivervale is always camped, Misty Thicket always has a necro or 2 there (even at 6-7 am EST), Mistmoore is always full, Rathe Mountains, etc...
Old 05-15-2020, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

One thing that the merge did accomplish is that people started going to other zones to XP, this is as someone coming FROM teal TO green at the time. On teal from 45+, in many ways from 40+ you basically went to highkeep and got on the noble/bard list if you wanted to actually group for 40's xp in PUG's.

The lower population meant that you really struggled to put stuff together for anywhere else with the hive mind dictating that the path was Highkeep XP mod or nothing's worth even doing. After merge people started to actually use SolB more and other zones somewhat.

Of course now Highkeep is much less popular since people think that the ZEM change made it "bad" xp (its not) but also since the relative gear power levels have increased such that duo/trio of the bards and nobles is much more achievable.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not just popular zones, like every zone, any time of the day now...it's mostly due to the nature of Green's class make-up (mostly necros/encs/mages vs classic server make-up). Rivervale is always camped, Misty Thicket always has a necro or 2 there (even at 6-7 am EST), Mistmoore is always full, Rathe Mountains, etc...
Sorry that you have to wait your turn for a camp. Welcome to classic EQ.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:16 AM
Banned

Classic EQ had one to two level 46+ monopolizing every single money/item camp in the game? And then passing the camps onto other accounts/ips/guildies exclusively? I don't remember this and neither do 99% of the people that actually played during 1999-2001 live era.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

100% yes. Reopen Teal.

"This is classic" No, this is not how classic was.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilliams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ had one to two level 46+ monopolizing every single money/item camp in the game? And then passing the camps onto other accounts/ips/guildies exclusively? I don't remember this and neither do 99% of the people that actually played during 1999-2001 live era.
Adding teal won’t fix this... there are enough players like Mannastone now that will keep everything perma camped on both servers. Especially if they allow you to box both servers. Most of these hardcore players have multiple characters on separate accounts so they can own camps on both servers.