Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2020, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Free rings of the ancients for everyone!

You too can get a free ring of the ancients. All you need to do is show up in south ro at 9 pm sharp for a chance to score your own! The AC generally spawns toward the south of the desert not too far from the gypsy camp but it has spots t can spawn all over the desert areas. It's supposed to be a 10% chance but seems closer to 15-20.

All you need to do is take any reasonably decently leveled character to a spot and just log them in when the AC is about to pop. For just a couple minutes of your time you have a good chance to score a ring.

A tiny handful of people and one in particular have dominating this camp, largely due to completely unlcassic ranger tracking. Made millions of plat off it. Time to make this camp classic again.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Banned

Just like QM
if u kill a bunch of placeholders and see that someone in the zone killed the mob your after
after you spent like 30 min killing stuff

you start to get a little irritated
so tbh I prefer a list rather than FTE
Old 10-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Millions of plat eh?

5K per ring, you need 400 rings + camp 400 rapiers to make 2 mil

15% chance means you get one ring once every 6-7 EQ days. About once every 10 hours.

So in ~166 days if someone or some group camped it every single 90 minute EQ day, then camp shadowed men for 400 rapiers, they could make 2 million plat.

My hats off to them. Go for it.

P.S. Gotta find buyers and you gotta get Hasten up and "hailed" - 400 times
Last edited by Castle2.0; 10-04-2020 at 06:42 PM..
Old 10-04-2020, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Millions of plat eh?

5K per ring, you need 400 rings + camp 400 rapiers to make 2 mil

15% chance means you get one ring once every 6-7 EQ days. About once every 10 hours.

So in ~166 days if someone or some group camped it every single 90 minute EQ day, then camp shadowed men for 400 rapiers, they could make 2 million plat.

My hats off to them. Go for it.

P.S. Gotta find buyers and you gotta get Hasten up and "hailed" - 400 times

It'scloser to 120 days... but the point is you only need to log in for a couple minutes. so you make 2 mil plat in 4 hours of real worldtime.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
It'scloser to 120 days...
90 minute pop, 15% chance = 600 minutes (or 10 hours.) 10 hours per pop x 400 rings = 4,000 hours. 4,000 hours divided by 24 hours = 166.67 days.

Quote:
so you make 2 mil plat in 4 hours of real worldtime.
Sounds like you should go do it then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess this is how we get people making millions from Pyzjn. Not.

P.S. Don't forget the Rapiers. Have you camped one yet?
Old 10-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90 minute pop, 15% chance = 600 minutes (or 10 hours.) 10 hours per pop x 400 rings = 4,000 hours. 4,000 hours divided by 24 hours = 166.67 days.

Sounds like you should go do it then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I guess this is how we get people making millions from Pyzjn. Not.

P.S. Don't forget the Rapiers. Have you camped one yet?

There are 72 minutes in an EQ day.

Who cares about the stupid rapiers? It's meaningless in the face of the absolute numbers. You can pay someone to farm those for you for a minuscule fraction of the total profit. Complete red herring.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Ahhh you're right! I haven't camped Pyzjn in a while. Now I remember. 24 hours, 3 minutes per hour, its 72 minutes. That's why I laid out my calculations in case I made an error, which I did.

Rapiers still take time to camp. They aren't an unlimited resource neither are people buying jboots.

Can 1 person sell 400 jboots? With AC permacamped... I'm not sure there's even that demand.

Even so, have at it. If you found such a gem, go for it - I'll gladly buy my jboots from you for 5k.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just like QM
if u kill a bunch of placeholders and see that someone in the zone killed the mob your after
after you spent like 30 min killing stuff

you start to get a little irritated
so tbh I prefer a list rather than FTE
Well, good news! No placeholders are involved. The SRo AC (or its ph) respawns at 9pm - whether or not someone kills the placeholder. Anyone rounding up mobs and AEing them down is just wasting mana. All you gotta do is be on the sand at 9pm and try to FTE it with a mage-summoned dispel stick or something.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:55 PM
Aviak

While its a much better option than the oot zerg list , its not as easy as you're bragging. Its already a well known spawn cycle so you won't be alone there, most times theres enough people there that track will be useless except for confirming that it spawns; people are spread out all over the place and FTE usually happens in seconds.

still, its pretty low-effort to check in every 72mins and its fun to race against other players, but you're not gonna be making millions of plat here
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

You are correct. There's always 2 or 3 of the same rangers that get almost all of the rings.
I stuck with one position and over a few weeks I eventually got one. Still very annoying.
Closed Thread