Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 02:42 AM
Planar Protector

Question Potatus's Warrior Questions

Hail! I have questions about weapons, aggro, and gear. Feel free to answer all or only some of them.

1. Kicsh Der Pavz or Obsidian Shard in mainhand for maximum aggro generation?
Mainhand swings proc twice as much as offhand swings, and the Kicsh has a better aggro proc. Also, the Kicsh has a better ratio (10/38 versus 6/25), but a long delay of 38...I'm not sure what to think. I have been mainhanding the Kicsh and offhanding the shard.

2. Should I put my higher-aggro proc weapon in mainhand or offhand?
One fellow warrior told me that because the offhand swings less often (true), and procs are calculated on a procs-per-minute basis (true), that weapons will proc relatively more often in the offhand (false) so I should offhand my Kicsh. He's wrong, right? Surely proc chance is calculated based on weapon delay, without taking into account the fact that Dual Wield might not go off. And offhand procs half as often as mainhand anyway. Right??

3. Crafted Breastplate versus Enameled Black Chestplate (25ac) versus Rubicite Breastplate (19ac 3hp regen)?
My current plan is to keep wearing the Rubi til I hit 50, then swap to Crafted. However, it's difficult to weigh the Rubi's 3 hp regen, EBC's 3 more ac, and Crafted's 5sta and 25hp.

4. Should I buy a Diamondine Earring or try to farm one?
~1200p or who-knows-how-many-hours in there, with no guarantee of Lasna dropping the earring, or even spawning at all. I had a group in the pool room for a couple hours today and we didn't see her. I'm leaning toward buying one (pm me).

5. Does Princess Cherista also drop the Diamondine Earring, or only Lasna?
The earring's wiki page only lists Lasna, but Princess Cherista's wiki page says she drops it.
Last edited by Videri; 04-25-2020 at 02:47 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Q1+2

How much dps aggro are you generating with a 10/38 in your offhand on a mob where you don't proc? (not much)

I'd main the Kicsh and OH the Shard...or at least test both and see what seems to be performing better.

Q3

HP regen isn't your problem as a group tank, a cleric would prefer you had the STA/HP for the most effcicient complete heals (which will do more in 10 seconds than your rubi BP will do in an hour)...plus there's the tinfoil/debate around the accuracy of how good AC really is on P99.

If you're really min/maxing then switch to rubi during med time/pauses in pulls.

Q4

Buy one if you can think of a way to beat the average time it would take to farm 1200pp another way.

Not sure on 5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just my thoughts of course, other opinions available [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-25-2020, 04:23 AM
Planar Protector

What level is this for? 50ish?

I think your companion might have been trying to explain how the off hand can proc even when it fails to produce a swing. This means at poor duel wield skill you will get a lot of procs relative to swings, but this is really only relevant at the lower levels.

It’s hard to value the regen vs mitigation, but I like the crafted breastplate as it showcases your class. The rubicite may be worth it for fashion / pixel envy purposes.

If you want it immediately the buy it. If you want adventure try get one yourself. It’s a decent earring until cougar claw / orc fangs fill it’s niche (velious).
Old 04-25-2020, 04:37 AM
Fire Giant

1. Main hand kisch is pretty terrible white damage, I'd imagine it's good if you get a proc quick, but pretty useless until the proc. I'd play around with it, but decent dps + proc is a lot more consistent than relying solely on procs.

3. Rubi bp is 30 hp per minute. Hard to say what 3-5 AC nets per minute via mitigation, but likely less than 30. 5 sta + 25 hp is 45 hp max, which means you are netting up to an extra 45 hp per CH or other heal that would otherwise cap you out, the frequency of which is definitely less than once a minute. I think it's hands down rubi BP unless you're main tanking a raid boss or something and getting CH'd like crazy.

4) Buying them is faster unless you can easily farm them on another character and get a little lucky. As an alternative, platinum bloodstone earrings will net you more HP for cheaper.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:43 AM
Planar Protector

FOR LEVEL 50 ONLY:

Mainhand
Kicsh Der Pavz baseline 4.73 aggro damage per second (without proc)
Obsidian Shard baseline 5.60 aggro damage per second (without proc)

Off-hand
Kicsh Der Pavz 2.63 aggro per second maximum (without proc)
Obsidian Shard 2.40 aggro per second maximum (without proc)

This is just assuming the +8 damage bonus on mainhand. I'm probably wrong for some reason, but i'd be going with Obsidian Shard mainhand, Kicsh offhand at level 50 even considering procs
Old 04-25-2020, 07:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

White damage or bust; procs are not to be relied upon for aggro.

stats and +hp over the weird ac mechanics, and rubi when you can fit it in for the regen.

and if you really want those earrings just say so ;p; I'd camp that for you any time.

Swish crushed it outta the park.

-cadderli
Old 04-25-2020, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Thank you all for the replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Main hand kisch is pretty terrible white damage, I'd imagine it's good if you get a proc quick, but pretty useless until the proc. I'd play around with it, but decent dps + proc is a lot more consistent than relying solely on procs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
White damage or bust; procs are not to be relied upon for aggro.
If I may debate you (thank you both for replying): Sure, swing aggro is more consistent. However, if I went full white-aggro with my 7/21 and 8/23 weapons AND spammed Kick and Disarm, but another character had even better weapons/damage (say, a rogue), I would never have aggro except right after a taunt. The only way I can hold aggro over an equally-or-better-geared rogue or DPS class is with procs (and Evade isn't in the game until Paineel). Being top aggro sometimes is better than never.

Or am I wrong?

And if that's true, then the thing to do as a warrior is maximize proc chance, which means use two proc weapons. Until Yaks, that's Shard+Kicsh.

I look forward to hearing more. Also, paging Naethyn, Raev/Sakuragi, other warriors on the forums (forum-warriors not so much).
Last edited by Videri; 04-25-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Questions 1 and 2 answered (for a level 50)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FOR LEVEL 50 ONLY:

Mainhand
Kicsh Der Pavz baseline 4.73 aggro damage per second (without proc)
Obsidian Shard baseline 5.60 aggro damage per second (without proc)

Off-hand
Kicsh Der Pavz 2.63 aggro per second maximum (without proc)
Obsidian Shard 2.40 aggro per second maximum (without proc)

This is just assuming the +8 damage bonus on mainhand. I'm probably wrong for some reason, but i'd be going with Obsidian Shard mainhand, Kicsh offhand at level 50 even considering procs
Wowwwww nice! Good info. Thank you, Cen. Potatus is 40, but it's good to know that by the time he's level 50, shard/kicsh is better.

At 40, the mainhand damage bonus is 5...How do I find that chart of weapon aggro?
Last edited by Videri; 04-25-2020 at 10:46 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Default Question 3 answered!

When Paineel comes out, the rubicite BP is going on my cleric, along with my manastone; so Potatus only has it til September or whatever it turns out to be.

At level 50, the Crafted BP should give him about 47.5 hp, compared to the Enameled Black Chestplate's extra 3 ac...I'm not sure why I didn't see that from the start, since we know the HP formula. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Clearly going Crafted.
Last edited by Videri; 04-25-2020 at 10:47 AM..
Old 04-25-2020, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Q1+2

How much dps aggro are you generating with a 10/38 in your offhand on a mob where you don't proc? (not much)

I'd main the Kicsh and OH the Shard...or at least test both and see what seems to be performing better.

Q3

HP regen isn't your problem as a group tank, a cleric would prefer you had the STA/HP for the most effcicient complete heals (which will do more in 10 seconds than your rubi BP will do in an hour)...plus there's the tinfoil/debate around the accuracy of how good AC really is on P99.

If you're really min/maxing then switch to rubi during med time/pauses in pulls.

Q4

Buy one if you can think of a way to beat the average time it would take to farm 1200pp another way.

Not sure on 5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just my thoughts of course, other opinions available [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^^^^^^^^ professional advice from swisharu 11/9 i wanted to basically give same advice last night but didn't want to be accused of posting for attention

Also, i am pretty sure if u have a weapon with a proc rate it doesn't care about offhand, mainhand, whether dw swings or not, just dex, maybe. But we don't really kinow cuz its r99

on blue my choky whip procs crazy good in my offhand, and so does my other cool dagger toys at a pathetic 95 dex
Closed Thread