Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

I logged in a month or two ago for the first time in forever. Honestly some of the graphic changes and improvements were pretty cool. But I only logged on to perma camp my Original EQ main from 2000 out at Brad Mcquiads memorial. I wanted to see it.

Playing live doesn't interest me at all though tbh. Then again, I don't like traditionally MMO's
Old 09-17-2020, 07:11 PM
Banned

Empire of Kunark lol
Old 09-18-2020, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

I played live through House of Thule, had a 90 SK. The only enjoyable parts of the game were as follows-

-Solo'ing Epic 1.5, Group-and-a-half'ing my 2.0 in Anguish.
-Powerleveling my high school buddy in Sebilis with AoE taunt and self damage shield plus his bard song.
-Soloing Trakanon, Tormax, Avatar of War, Tunare, CT, Innoruuk, Dain, Yelinak, Venril Sathir (if they were ever up). Mostly for funsies.

Gated progression content in the current expansions always felt like a chore. I had a purple lightsaber at one point?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Banned

EQ live running about ideas
last expansion: torment of velious
third expansion: Scars of velious

somethings not right here ,':/
Old 09-20-2020, 07:43 PM
Banned

Lol @ “nothing new” shade... this is a 21 year old game and some of y’all can’t get past the concept of warder loot... O.o

Fwiw tho, don’t knock it till you try it. If you can get past the fact that you have to do a lot more than the same 3 things over and over in a fight, it’s a lot more “bang for your buck.” Can log in, get a group, and get a lot of “hey I did something with my 60-120mins of playtime” in a way that I had just forgotten about after 8 years of heavy p99 addiction.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:09 PM
Banned

I've got a single level 50 on Aradune TLP I haven't played for a couple months. I'm considering transferring her to Mangler soon if that is also a "truebox" server that only allows 2-boxing w 2 different computers.

I'd really like to experience exp grinding and raiding in PoP again and I believe Mangler is in the PoP era now. Also, Extended KEI and high level hp buffs are fantastic for leveling if you don't want to box or can't always find/make a good group easily. I much prefer the bazaar to tunnelquesting. You CAN play w classic models on a TLP.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

I played on the the TLP servers... I dont even remember which one, maybe it was Lockjaw? I made a monk and leveled to 50... Kunark droped and I think I made it to 55? The quality of life is great, leveling is fast, instanced raiding for your guild... its just not the same as P99 and it pretty quickly will reach the point of where you log in to raid and then there is nothing else to do outside of those few hours every week. They are not bad per se, but at that point you might as well go play WoW since its a better game and essentially the same thing.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 09-22-2020, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Deybreak games

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

I go through a phase every few years where I log into my three box and grind through the new content.

The biggest problem the game has these days is that they can't make content fast enough. If you box you can get through 99% of the group content of one expansion pretty easily in a few weeks. If you don't box you can do the same except you'll always be a few expansions behind.

I don't think the game is as bad as the too cool for school P99ers here think. It's not amazing but it can be pretty fun at times. Most people from P99 who try it will go to random Kunark and Velious zones and get unreasonably pissed that Defiant gear drops and that nobody is in these 20 year old zones. They can't seem to get over the fact that a game has had the audacity to adapt over the course of two decades.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Awful hard to know everyone else is leveling in Kabrabs-mystical-forest when you have logged in in 15 years to have heard about it.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread