Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you feel the Green Server should revisit it's naming Policy?
Yes! It is supposed to be a fresh start! 93 54.07%
No thanks, i'll take the naming leftovers from Blue's 1,000,000 toons. 79 45.93%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good then I can tell everyone my forum name is Muggens.
Have fun buckaroo
Sure if it makes your gaming experience better go ahead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure if it makes your gaming experience better go ahead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh it will. Then everyone on green will know how Muggens loves ogre women and the dirty things he/she/they do with them!
Old 09-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoraliser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh it will. Then everyone on green will know how Muggens loves ogre women and the dirty things he/she/they do with them!
that is kinda true anyway so iz all good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, better idea is to require two level 60s. That way my proposal will screw you, just like your proposal screws over people with level 59s.
The goal is not to screw anyone over. It's to free up names not being used and also allow people to keep their main characters. I said lvl 60 in my suggestion because it seemed to me that anyone leveling up to 60 is likely a main or well established character on the server. Even making it 50+ it'd still make a dent in the humongous list of banked ghost names. You said two lvl 60s just to try and be a dick.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 09-17-2019 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-17-2019, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The goal is not to screw anyone over. It's to free up names not being used and also allow people to keep their main characters. I said lvl 60 in my suggestion because it seemed to me that anyone leveling up to 60 is likely a main or well established character on the server. Even making it 50+ it'd still make a dent in the humongous list of banked ghost names. You said two lvl 60s just to try and be a dick.
This would screw over anyone without a lvl 60. Lots of folks been here for ages without dinging max level like yourself for many years(as I can remember from your sig, you just recently dinged 60). Even though your char is not 60 it can still be your beloved main.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would screw over anyone without a lvl 60. Lots of folks been here for ages without dinging max level like yourself for many years(as I can remember from your sig, you just recently dinged 60). Even though your char is not 60 it can still be your beloved main.
Fair point, I agree. Someone could have characters they care about, or main, that are below lvl 60. This discussion/petition is primarily focused on a brand new servers naming policy. I stress the words brand new.So in order to gain the privilege to have a name reserved on this brand new server, I feel like having characters hit either 50 or 60 isn't really asking that much for a server thats been out 10+ years. Sure, I'll lose out on all of my alt names by the power of my own suggested policy but I think that's fair. It really would be an awful thing to force this incredible brand new server to carry over every single blue name with it.

You don't even need to delete the characters on blue! Just don't let the name transfer over to green. Then that gives you a couple years to do a banked and unplayed character purge plan on blue before all the new green names try to slam back into blue.

Last edited by Evia; 09-17-2019 at 04:20 PM..
Old 09-17-2019, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Still some people would feel left out. It's better these days to go all in and treat everyone on equal footing.
Names and such arent personal anyway, it's just letters scrambled together and tons of people have used the same scribbling in the past present and future
Old 09-17-2019, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Deleting characters is a HORRIBLE idea. Just pick a different name, or spell it a little differently, if the one you want isn't available.

And you can use names you already have on Blue, on Green. If you didn't get the name on Blue, well, that was your chance, and you somehow managed to survive the psychological torment of having an inferior name until now.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you didn't get the name on Blue, well, that was your chance, and you somehow managed to survive the psychological torment of having an inferior name until now.
???

You don’t see how crazy that reads? This is a totally new server and yet ppl are expected to reserve their character name 10 years earlier on a different server?

I’m actually surprised this isn’t a larger issue to most of you. Anyone who’s tried to make a character in the last 2 years knows how big of a pain in the ass it is to find something decent that sticks. Rolling into a brand new server with a million+ reserved names just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
???

You don’t see how crazy that reads? This is a totally new server and yet ppl are expected to reserve their character name 10 years earlier on a different server?

I’m actually surprised this isn’t a larger issue to most of you. Anyone who’s tried to make a character in the last 2 years knows how big of a pain in the ass it is to find something decent that sticks. Rolling into a brand new server with a million+ reserved names just doesn’t make any sense to me.
Actually, I wouldn't mind if they let the names on Green be a fresh start, and independent of Blue 100%. BUT, they are going to merge Green into Blue eventually, so that is not possible.

That being the reality, my point is, DELETING characters on Blue just so someone can have that name on Green, is completely unacceptable. Character wipes are a drastic and serious step, some people have low level toons with a lot of plat and gear who are mules, and maybe they haven't been active for a while because Blue has become a bit toxic, but they will be back in a heartbeat once Green in launched. A character's name is, at the end of the day, irrelevant. Hence my comment that those who are pushing for a wipe just so they have a shot at some precious name are being reckless and selfish.
Closed Thread