Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as a compounding factor there's people's expectations of what you need. It doesn't matter how certain you are that you can do camp X without role Y: if that camp requires role Z, and the only Z player won't join without a Y, it amounts to X requiring Y.
Not a compelling argument to me. It amounts to saying ignorant people shouldn't be educated, but rather catered to at their level only. Just link them a Youtube video of people doing the camp with different setups or something, to show them they are wrong.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is thinking way too hard about something that will never happen.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

I bet if you made

Enchanter: CC/Buffs

Psyonocist: Charm/DPS

You'd have a more balanced set of classes.

I love the addition of the psyonocist to EQ!

Also I sad enchanters were so powerful they rarely, if never at all, appeared in any other fantasy game/mmo since [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

that said ,enchanter is the funnest EQ class IMO but it always felt like you were playing the game with a game genie to me :P
Old 08-03-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a compelling argument to me. It amounts to saying ignorant people shouldn't be educated, but rather catered to at their level only. Just link them a Youtube video of people doing the camp with different setups or something, to show them they are wrong.
We've both played on this server for awhile. Personally I've convinced exactly zero strangers in-game to join a group they didn't want to join (for any reason, not just because they thought we needed an Enchanter, or some other class, and I didn't have one) ... by sending them a link to a Youtube video.

How many times have you?

You can rail about ignorance and education all you want, but at the end of the day this is a game played with other people, and "other people" are often set in their ways.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Ok here is my stupid Psyoncist pitch:

Bard/caster, movment while casting, but with a wide range of cast times and durations for spells.

Spells cost mana but this class can regenerate mana and meditate like a caster.

Since cast times and duration have various lengths you can 'twist' any hypothetical number of spells balance would allow, giving you the ability to charm and control multiple pets! (a unique class ability)

The strategy for this class is burst CC and DPS to take a train and lock it down and then make it all kill itself.

mana for spells when locking down and controlling multiple pets should be so that they encourage the Psyconocist to kill large amounts of creatures quickly, and if not, they run out of mana and are useless.

Maybe they would invis into a room, then appear, and then agro everything and do some tornado of mind control to lock it down with dazling lights and colors while they twist in dark shadowed imagry that fill the room with dread and hate to the point of madness that drives them to all rip themselves to pieces!

AND while I am dreaming, new playable race that Ill just make up a name for and entire zone/lore: Illit'kiths the mindflayers! The planar faydwellers (zones that you can enter in fay, and are shadowlike planer-zones of the ones we travel in)
Old 08-03-2019, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Illit'kith Racial ability: Unfearable
Can be anything but healers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Psyoncist Spell line: Advocate - unstun/unfear/umez/uncharm allies during group/raids

Man think how cool a tentacle faced rogue would look in eq, like a predator with human black plate :flex:
Old 09-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Banned

well it is the most op class
Old 09-17-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Illit'kith Racial ability: Unfearable
Can be anything but healers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Psyoncist Spell line: Advocate - unstun/unfear/umez/uncharm allies during group/raids

Man think how cool a tentacle faced rogue would look in eq, like a predator with human black plate :flex:
Hehe ive played a mindflayer psionic in tapletop dnd. Long time ago
Old 09-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Orc

I've always liked the enchanter but it's too OP for me to be interested in playing it much. I actually prefer how they split the class in EQ2.
Closed Thread