Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Default Stupid Ever-Everquest question.

Say I wanted to level a darkelf shaman using a guise and a manastone in the classic era, but I get to 50 before I get either of those?

So what if after I did manage to get those items I just de-leveled back to the start and kept only my guise/spellbook and manastone, and went to my guild trainer, bought a club and a cloth tunic, 5 muffins and 5 waters and started again from scratch.

Then that got me thinking..

What class/race combo would gain the most advantage from its skills, spellbook, stats and other innate attributes having already leveled to 60 if it were to start again from scratch at level 1?
Old 09-17-2019, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

pros of an Ogre Shaman:
- you are fat and can troll around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- you have the most basic stamina
- you cant be stuned from the front

pros of an Troll Shaman
- you are fat and can troll around [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- you have the best HP regenration in the game

pros of an Barbarian Shaman
- best basic wisdom of these three
- the only Shaman who can enter "good" citys
- least exp penalty
- you can shrink yourself like the others, but you dont have to do as often as the other 2 races.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What class/race combo would gain the most advantage from its skills, spellbook, stats and other innate attributes having already leveled to 60 if it were to start again from scratch at level 1?
A couple thoughts:
• Classes that have research spells would be all set - nice from level 16-49. As a mage, you'd have all 4 pets at every pet level. As a necromancer, you could memorize Harmshield at 20 and never forget it. As a wizard, you could quad from level 8 onward if you wanted.
• Melee classes would have every skill already maxed out every time they level up. I bet this would especially help warriors (who might want to use an assortment of weapons) and rogues (getting backstab only to have it miss every time is a let-down).
• Suppose you got a mage epic...remember it's a spell, not an item. Once your mage hit 46 again, you'd have your epic again. XD
Old 09-17-2019, 04:00 AM
Sarnak

I remember back in the day on PvP Vallon Zek server, there was a rog who deleveled with all his skills maxed. I seem to recall there was a time when the rog epuc didnt have a level restriction to weild it, so that was pretty uber if you deleveld back down.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember back in the day on PvP Vallon Zek server, there was a rog who deleveled with all his skills maxed. I seem to recall there was a time when the rog epuc didnt have a level restriction to weild it, so that was pretty uber if you deleveld back down.
I remember of forstegut, deleveled epiced sk... Funny pvp guy at time... I remember him just trying to block hhp fir other team, not chasing people just closing the pass...
Old 09-17-2019, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

oh, I missunderstand the question. Sorry, my bad.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

haha np domo 8)

Yea mage would be nice, the epic that's a great point.

Melee would really get advantage of their offensive and defensive skills..

Do you get anything, I mean anything, besides skills and a spellbook f you de-level? IIRC the skills are capped like 20 levels higher than your current level too, so its not too much of an advantage..

Its a stupid question I know but I had to ask lol
Old 09-17-2019, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Why would a shaman need manastone. Ur smelly and lazy and your nose is quite large!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

cus things are fun
Old 09-17-2019, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't that Wiggo?
Closed Thread