Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

I hope 5 people make 5 unique posts about his videos each time a new one arrives. I also hope those threads are active and are bumped regularly.

Keep at it, Rupes. Good vids and great energy!

<Gravity>
Old 07-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're all adults, you can choose what threads to read and open.. Do you go to youtube and just get all worked up cause it's filled to the rim with videos you don't want to watch under the "trending" section?? Just move on kids.
Asking if someone would space out their thread creations isn't getting "worked up" it's just clear that the spam frequency is getting old and these forums have a rule specifically against spamming that seems to not be getting enforced.

These videos should be kept to a single thread, Fuzy does not need to be creating new ones - or getting other users to create them - for each video as it's spamming the Server Chat forum.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Asking if someone would space out their thread creations isn't getting "worked up" it's just clear that the spam frequency is getting old and these forums have a rule specifically against spamming that seems to not be getting enforced.

These videos should be kept to a single thread, Fuzy does not need to be creating new ones - or getting other users to create them - for each video as it's spamming the Server Chat forum.
I'm not really directing my frustration at people suggesting he put it under 1 thread.. I get that.. It's the handful of chumps commenting on his actual video that irritate me.. No need to be bashing on a persons personality or looks.. You're all above 30 years of age, why are you still comparing penis sizes at this point in your lives? Focus on yourself, Rupes is a happy ass dude. I respect him.
Old 07-26-2019, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

There are clearly two seperate issues here.

First, the spamming of the forum to which most people seem to agree he should consolidate all of his videos under a single thread and the people that want to watch them can.

The second issue concerns that content of his videos. If you like them, great keep watching them. A large number of people seem to dislike his videos for a variety of reasons, primarily I'm my opinion that there isn't any thought or content in them. The one I skimmed had him randomly running around a trivial dungeon and screaming. It was not informative, he wasn't explaining the lore, the layout, the strategies, the mobs or really anything about it.

It wasn't skillfull or hard or showcased end game gear and strategies. Instead he over dramatized weaving through mobs that probably couldn't kill him had he got up and left his video recording the rest of the night.

So to me, the one video I sampled was low effort made even more eggregious as an obvious and desperate attempt to grab youtube follower by spamming the forum with similar videos. You can take offense at people being dicks but the content of the video directly relates to how its recieved when spammed. I doubt we'd be seeing anywhere near this kind of pushback if the videos we were talking about were of high level enchanters soloing HS and explaining themselves along the way or someone earnestly interested in the lore of HHK and wanting to introduce us to his favorite bit too.
Last edited by Duckwalk; 07-26-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Old 07-26-2019, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hideousclaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope 5 people make 5 unique posts about his videos each time a new one arrives. I also hope those threads are active and are bumped regularly.

Keep at it, Rupes. Good vids and great energy!
Haha was thinking the same [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Keep them coming Rupes!
<Riot>
Old 07-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First, the spamming of the forum to which most people seem to agree he should consolidate all of his videos under a single thread and the people that want to watch them can.

The second issue concerns that content of his videos. If you like them, great keep watching them. A large number of people seem to dislike his videos for a variety of reasons, primarily I'm my opinion that there isn't any thought or content in them. The one I skimmed had him randomly running around a trivial dungeon and screaming. It was not informative, he wasn't explaining the lore, the layout, the strategies, the mobs or really anything about it.

It wasn't skillfull or hard or showcased end game gear and strategies. Instead he over dramatized weaving through mobs that probably couldn't kill him had he got up and left his video recording the rest of the night.

So to me, the one video I sampled was low effort made even more eggregious as an obvious and desperate attempt to grab youtube follower by spamming the forum with similar videos. You can take offense at people being dicks but the content of the video directly relates to how its recieved when spammed. I doubt we'd be seeing anywhere near this kind of pushback if the videos we were talking about were of high level enchanters soloing HS and explaining themselves along the way or someone earnestly interested in the lore of HHK and wanting to introduce us to his favorite bit too.
First off, "a large amount"? You're the minority here dude. Most are showing support.. Secondly- Don't assume his intentions on the multiple posts were ill dude.. I see simply an enthusiastic man playing the game he enjoys, and playing it how he likes to play, and recording himself doing so. Of course he posts his videos here to get some viewers and likes, why is that upsetting to you? Because of the content? Because he did it in separate posts each time? Great he's been given plenty of advice on how to handle that going forward.. As for his content.. That's just it, it's his content.. That's his reputation, his character name, and his youtube channel. Don't like it? Go visit his channel and downvote it.

We all are here on P99 for different reasons, there is no 1 reason and 1 reason only to be playing man..
Old 07-26-2019, 04:55 PM
Banned

The following is a checklist of Duckwalks P99 Youtube video content demands..

-Be informative
-Explain lore
-Explain layout
-Explain strategies
-Explain mobs
-Be skillfull
-Display hard or showcased end game gear and strategies
-Be monotone and unexciting
-Do not over dramatize weaving through mobs that probably couldn't kill him had he got up and left his video recording the rest of the night.
-Do not do what you enjoy, yet do what others enjoy

Yessss i feel the hatred running through you.. Fear Fuzy, get angry at Rupes, hate people like him, i feel you suffering.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
Old 07-26-2019, 05:35 PM
Banned

not surprising that the people getting butthurt about the videos can't understand what's appealing about a guy genuinely having fun and enjoying the game
Old 07-26-2019, 11:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not surprising that the people getting butthurt about the videos can't understand what's appealing about a guy genuinely having fun and enjoying the game
Totally this! I feel like some people are so upset and in denial that they no longer enjoy the game they play obsessively that Rupes videos really trigger them.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Read none of your book long post .... it super simple just ignore the post .... if you don't like them instead of blowing up wall after wall of text trying complaining about it... pretty sad you must not have much going on to be this worked up about some p99 post.... start a blog explain how ruppes ruined you p99 experience show us on the troll doll where he touched you. .... keep up videos rupees